ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Driving without ABS?

182 Trophy
Hi all,

I just recently bought some rear discs for my trophy only to find they don't have the ABS ring on them. I am planning on taking the old ones off and fitting them but I am afraid I might split them or something.

If something does happen what are the implications of driving without them just until I can get some to put on? Will the ABS just not work or will it cause problems?

I could go to a Renault and buy some for £102.65+vat with them fitted but having already bought these I want to see if its possible without doing so.

Thanks

Lionel Richie
you'll have to turn the ESP off or you'll go nowhere

do your new discs have the machined bit in place for the abs rings?

182 Trophy
ahh okay thanks fred, yeah they do. hopefully it will fit, I think i am going to buy some genuine renault ones before hand just in case though.

182 Trophy
i have seen non-genuine ABS rings for sale online, but i meant the discs with bearings and ABS rings already fitted from renault.