ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Driving without insurance

audi a6 3.0tdi
Getting insurance in the BL postcode is becoming near impossible now as most companies are point blankly refusing to cover cars in that area. What the f**k are we supposed to do? obviously i've bought insurance but no wonder everyone runs round with out it. £1300 for two policies at 27 with full ncb is taking the piss. It obviously doesn't pay to be honest.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Bolton I take it? What's the reason why insurance companies don't insure there? A lot of car crime?

Bolton I take it? What's the reason why insurance companies don't insure there? A lot of car crime?
Some places are worse than others, they generalise though.

I have a BL postcode but I'm from Bury, quiet area, never any crime or anything, but because I have a BL postcode it's stupidly high. I could move a mile down the road to a complete shithole with the same postcode, cars getting robbed daily etc. and my premium would be the same. Fair? Er, no.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
It amazes me how many people can seem to get away without paying for insurance for years. I bet if we tried it though we'd get caught on the 1st day.

No doubt. A lot of companies seriously frown on crimes like that too, and would give you the boot. Mind you, most of the c*nts without insurance don't have jobs and don't intend to get one so it's a win win really. As I said before, this country is set up so the f*cking bad always win.

320d
Its a joke Chris. Unfortunately its not just a £600 fine you get its 6 points then they further penalise you when you do get insurance.

All these insurance companies that offer owners club discounts piss me off too. Its like they offer you a discount providing your not from the North West. Cnuts!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Can you not get a trade policy?

theres 5 people on mine. Fully comp, can drive anything upto the value of £20,000 and we are insured for trade plates. (Not taxing cars ftw!)

iirc, we pay about £2k. So about £400 each!

Can you and a mate not get together and sort something out??

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
All costs like road tax and insurance should come off at the pumps when filling up, imo. Everybody has to fill up, so nobody can avoid it. 3rd party as basic, and if you want, a fully comp top up style system.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
The petrol thing would make sense. High insurance group cars tend to guzzle gas, those that drive lots tend to pay more anyways.
Would have the added benefit of encouraging people to go for lighter, more economical motors, which the government should like.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
The petrol thing would make sense. High insurance group cars tend to guzzle gas, those that drive lots tend to pay more anyways.
Would have the added benefit of encouraging people to go for lighter, more economical motors, which the government should like.

Would kill off road transport instantly

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I've had 4 crashes since passing my test whilst driving.

3 of those have been uninsured drivers. All of which, not suprisingly were there fault.

One guy was half cut drove into me and got ordered to pay compo too, I was only 17.

Then when I was 22 someone drove into the side of me again from a junction and had only paid one premium on his insurance so that he could do his producer. He had just got out of prison for drug smuggling. In the end as he had paid one premium and we threatened the insurer with court they paid out. But he was classed as uninsured.

Then, 3 months ago a guy in a arctic lorry went into the back of my 172 on the m-way. I was sure he'd be insured. Turns out he was driving as a favour for someone with no policy.

I've been stung real bad with my premiums. The only one I got a payout for was for the middle accident. The other two I had to claim off my insurance. Therefore, although yes you get a fine if you don't drive with insurance but you should think about what damage you do. As if the other driver has to claim their premiums will balloon to.

Uninsured drivers piss me off really, really badly.

I've had 4 crashes since passing my test whilst driving.

3 of those have been uninsured drivers. All of which, not suprisingly were there fault.

One guy was half cut drove into me and got ordered to pay compo too, I was only 17.

Then when I was 22 someone drove into the side of me again from a junction and had only paid one premium on his insurance so that he could do his producer. He had just got out of prison for drug smuggling. In the end as he had paid one premium and we threatened the insurer with court they paid out. But he was classed as uninsured.

Then, 3 months ago a guy in a arctic lorry went into the back of my 172 on the m-way. I was sure he'd be insured. Turns out he was driving as a favour for someone with no policy.

I've been stung real bad with my premiums. The only one I got a payout for was for the middle accident. The other two I had to claim off my insurance. Therefore, although yes you get a fine if you don't drive with insurance but you should think about what damage you do. As if the other driver has to claim their premiums will balloon to.

Uninsured drivers piss me off really, really badly.

Jesus Jamie! You've had some right s**t luck with uninsured drivers haven't you? 3? Not surprising they piss you off.

audi a6 3.0tdi
are there not loads of clauses on trade policies? I was always under the impression it was like classic car insurance where you were limited to mileage and times you could drive. I also thought modifications were a no no

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Jesus Jamie! You've had some right s**t luck with uninsured drivers haven't you? 3? Not surprising they piss you off.

Yes. Esp when they are not your fault, have to claim, stay with you for 5 years and you get bummed on your premiums. Thankfully, as we were able to recoup the costs on the middle crash I did have 7 years NCB and protected before the 172 was w/o. Just got to push for that c**t to be personally sued now. We won't get any money but him being out on the street does make me feel better.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
are there not loads of clauses on trade policies? I was always under the impression it was like classic car insurance where you were limited to mileage and times you could drive. I also thought modifications were a no no

I can drive anything at all. Imports, Modified, motorbikes, Quads, Left hookers. Literally anything. (I specified this, as I do have a tendancy to buy wierd crap...)

We do a combined mileage (between 3 of us) of about 60,000 per year so mileage isn't an issue.

I can think of no other policy with so few clauses tbh mate!

Turbos.
Group policies are awesome, and silly cheap! Need a fair few cars to make it worthwhile, but you could do it with your extended family for example... I do it as as work policy but i have 5 family members at work.

The other year on a normal policy i tried getting insured on a Isuzu engined Landrover Discovery with my old man worth about £3k. Insurance was as same as the car!

Now, on a group policy, i am insured on the Vanquish as a straight swap for the CSL... about £800 and that's with my dad on the policy too. I'm insured on 4 cars for about £1500 in total!