ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dropbox type solution

Hi guys,

Basically my iPhone is full and I need to clear some room 6GB of photos and videos are on my phone and I think I want to cut back I've been through and deleted all that I can but the ones I want to keep are still to large. So I thought is there a way I could store them on my computer and still access them on my phone without having to upload them to anywhere? There is the option of the cloud but it isn't cheap, or a VPN again not exactly cheap when I want to do it for free. So does anyone have a solution? Dropbox I thought would be perfect until I realised you have to upload to dropbox and I am limited to 5GB I think so that's out the window.

What have we got?

Cheers

Nick

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
No matter where you move/store them to, accessing them remotely from a cloud/network storage device will mean your phone will have to send and recieve data to that device.

If you don't do it over your WiFi then it will consume your data allowance to achieve this.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
can you not use the cable to transfer them to ur computer then use ur computer to upload them?
or use a wifi connection.

use drop box alot works great for me got 54.5gb of space to use.

Cheers DK shall look into that one.

I have unlimited Internet on my phone so I'm not fussed about that side of things I just want to be able to access my photos hosted by my computer anywhere. Like Hamachi if they made that into an app it would be awesome. I want to avoid uploading online if I can but VPN is out the question so its looking like a cloud job. Unless there is a Hamachi type software out there which I could use on a phone.

Is it expensive for more? And do you need all the photos on your phone?

Maybe you could dump some on your pc?:)

I'm not willing to pay for anything right now :p I would like access to all my photo's thats why I want a sort of VPN to my computer instead of having to upload to a cloud but I don't think that's possible without paying for a static IP off my Service Provider. However there is a software called Hamachi which build fake VPN's that you can access from anywhere yet they don't have an app for a phone :(.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
what about storing the photos on facebook can make a album and have it so only you can see it dont think facebook has a storage limit?

Hi guys,

Basically my iPhone is full and I need to clear some room 6GB of photos and videos are on my phone and I think I want to cut back I've been through and deleted all that I can but the ones I want to keep are still to large. So I thought is there a way I could store them on my computer and still access them on my phone without having to upload them to anywhere? There is the option of the cloud but it isn't cheap, or a VPN again not exactly cheap when I want to do it for free. So does anyone have a solution? Dropbox I thought would be perfect until I realised you have to upload to dropbox and I am limited to 5GB I think so that's out the window.

What have we got?

Cheers

Nick

I recommend Hi Drive. It's a cloud storage facility. You get 5GB for free. I use it all the time to store important family pics.

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
I got 50gb of free space on Dropbox simply by linking it to a Samsung Galaxy S2. I've got an iPhone now and I still have 50gb of space. Using 30gb for my whole photo collection so I can access them using my phone.

I got 50gb of free space on Dropbox simply by linking it to a Samsung Galaxy S2. I've got an iPhone now and I still have 50gb of space. Using 30gb for my whole photo collection so I can access them using my phone.

This, there's multiple phones and multiple ways to get increased storage on dropbox, plus its easy to use and the windows application is fairly lightweight!