ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dropped my brand new iPhone....

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Had ny phone a week and ive dropped it cracking the screen. Didnt get insurance so just wondering what my options are.

Cheers.

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
go to Apple, they will give you a replacement as long as you havent already claimed on warranty.

book a genius appointment beforehand (online)

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
^^ Do they give you a brand new phone or the option to buy a refurbished phone?

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
So if I'm lucky they will just replace the phone? What price am I looking at for a new screen?

AK

M240i
Will they f**k. You dropped it your fault.

Unless you can come up with an awesome story.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not disputing that its my fault.

Rough guesstimate for a new screen?

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i dont think they just fit new screens, id expect to pay £139 to swap yours with a refurbished unit

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
When you get a refurbished phone, will tey have changed the battery etc? Can't believe I'm such a r****d tbh.

You might get a free screen replacement despite it being your own fault. My cousin cracked the screen on his 4, went into the store and they replaced it.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I have a case but unfortunaty just to protect the back. Literally fell perfectly screen down on a concrete floor.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Will definitely be investing in one after this. I think it is just the screen that is cracked as the phone works perfectly other than that.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Not all replacement phones are refurbished though - you'll sometimes get a brand new phone (just no box etc).

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Just spoke to Apple in the Trafford centre and according to the guy for £140 and my phone I get a brand new phone.

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
i dropped my iPhone 4 at 3am on a friday night while drunk, i told them this and they gave me a replacement.

just go see a Genius, no need to fork money out.

Regarding the "refrub".

My better half went in and got a refurb after her 3G stopped working.

The guy there said that no part of the phone has ever been used by anyone. They take all the phones that at faulty after testing them at the factory, use the parts which still work, and put them together to make a fully functioning product.

So you won't be getting someones old speaker, earpiece etc. It is basically brand spanking new.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
It's all about how you are with the person that serves you normally, with my 3GS I dropped it and it had a small dent, after a while the metal band started coming away from the plastic, when I took it to apple she said "I think the damage could have been caused by this dent in the phone, but is there anything else wrong with the phone you'd like to talk about" she basically lead me to tell her about a fault that didn't exist so she could change the handset for me.

You may get lucky in store as they may take pity on you, but you'll probably have to fork out 140 for a new one.

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member
It's all about how you are with the person that serves you normally, with my 3GS I dropped it and it had a small dent, after a while the metal band started coming away from the plastic, when I took it to apple she said "I think the damage could have been caused by this dent in the phone, but is there anything else wrong with the phone you'd like to talk about" she basically lead me to tell her about a fault that didn't exist so she could change the handset for me.

You may get lucky in store as they may take pity on you, but you'll probably have to fork out 140 for a new one.

Exactly this. I didnt like how my aluminum edge had worn with their bumper on, they (also trafford centre) swapped it without question and gave me store credit of £30 to get a new case. Just go into the branch, be coy and polite and you may get lucky...

A friend of a friend is now an 'Apple Genius' at Trafford, Ive just text him to see if there is anything he can do for you...

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
Go to an apple store there customer service is brilliant, my sunroof in my last car leaked and dripped onto the phone while charging and they just swap the phone for a refurbished model which might as well be brand new, also a girl i know cracked the screen on her iPhone 4 and they again just gave her a new phone

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I'm just going to go tonight and see what happens. Either way it is my fault so I can't complain about any outcome tbh.

AK

M240i
I just couldn't physically go into an Apple store and go "I broke my phone, can you replace it?"

I'd expect a big massive "Get tae f**k".

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I just couldn't physically go into an Apple store and go "I broke my phone, can you replace it?"

I'd expect a big massive "Get tae f**k".
But I've already called them and he has told me what happens? I'm going there fully expecting to pay 140 quid to replace the phone. Anything other than that and I've got extremely lucky.

Listerine & Poledo
WHere's lbrench, he'll sort you one out a repair on finance.

You'll even be able to change it after 4 months for something else and only have to pay double the finance..... but be sure to buy a raft of cases and adaptors for ther iPhone first.

SIDE NOTE: You break, you buy. No insurance? Your fail

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
People in here are so sceptical, asif people make up stories on these forums all the time!

Anyway,

Believe it or not you may well get lucky depending on your apple store... I broke the screen on my old 3GS, took it to liverpool apple store and they originally said they were gonna charge me, then when I went they swapped it for another and said they'd let it go this time but if I came again they'd charge. The exact same thing happened to my friend a couple of months ago with his 4S so I think it depends on the store tbh.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
SIDE NOTE: You break, you buy. No insurance? Your fail

Dont see how I fail. O2 wanted £15 per month for insurance over 24 months, which is £360. Plus £75 for the first claim, £100 for the second claim and £125 for the third claim. Or Apple will give me a new phone for £140.

Trying to come up with the same old sarcastic bullsh*t fail.

And for anyone interested, went in tonight and made an appointment. The guy I spoke to said, 'worst case senario is you will get charged £140.'

He also recommended and Otterbox like someone earlier in the thread.