ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dropped my brand new iPhone....

Listerine & Poledo
Sorry, did it take 24 months for you to break it?

15 + 75 = 90

you can always cancel policies too.

iWin

Dont see how I fail. O2 wanted £15 per month for insurance over 24 months, which is £360. Plus £75 for the first claim, £100 for the second claim and £125 for the third claim. Or Apple will give me a new phone for £140.

That's great if you smash it. If you lose it. Apple won't swap it it for thin air.

Listerine & Poledo
s'alright, it's only a phone, I'm sure they couldm just claim on house insurance, or just buy some cheap thing to get them by,

RS6 C7
People in here are so sceptical, asif people make up stories on these forums all the time!

Anyway,

Believe it or not you may well get lucky depending on your apple store... I broke the screen on my old 3GS, took it to liverpool apple store and they originally said they were gonna charge me, then when I went they swapped it for another and said they'd let it go this time but if I came again they'd charge. The exact same thing happened to my friend a couple of months ago with his 4S so I think it depends on the store tbh.

O Really?

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry, did it take 24 months for you to break it?

15 + 75 = 90

you can always cancel policies too.

iWin
How is it relevant. I could also take out the insurance and not break it. Then I'm 360 quid down for nothing.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
How is it relevant. I could also take out the insurance and not break it. Then I'm 360 quid down for nothing.

You know what, you're bang on. I'm off to cancel my car insurance! Save myself a s**t load!

dk

911 GTS Cab
You know what, you're bang on. I'm off to cancel my car insurance! Save myself a s**t load!

Oh right, is it not a legal requirement to have car insurance now? ;)

I'm all grown up now and look after my things, in 18 years of phone ownership, I don't think I've ever broken one, I've had one stolen (nokia 5110 with union jack cover, wtf? I wouldn't steal it....) and a few phones which have had faults and had them replaced, I've never broken one though.

Probably been a good 6 or 7 years since I had one replaced.

I have insurance through my bank, and the b*****ds have just introduced a £100 excess purely for iPhones lol.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I work on a building site so it is inevitable that I will someday drop it, just didn't think it would break on the first one tbh, got really unlucky there! Just ordered an Otterbox aswell so the new one will have abit more protection.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
In all fairness my initial question was what options I had. I'm 21 years of age, old enough to decide if I want to buy insurance or not.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
For anyone interested, the outcome is as follows.

Booked a Genius appointment, got there and some guy asked me what the problem was. I explained to which he said yes they can replace it, but there is a charge. He asked me how much I'd been told, I said 140 and he said they've just recently reduced the cost to 120 quid.

Went to the station when called, explained again. She got all the phone details up, saw that it was 10 days old and she said she would see wot she could do. Came back and as a one off, they could replace the phone at no cost, but my details would be took and any further claims or problems etc that the Apple warranty doesn't cover then I would be charged.

All in all I'm pretty happy. I got extremely lucky but you've got to take your hats off to Apple for doing that for me.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250/RS5/A500/F150
when I crashed my car my iPhone went out of window which cracked the screen, I went into Apple and told the person that basically after about 35-40mins of playing music through headphones the phone gets stupidly hot and the music cuts out, so hot that it was burning my leg, they don't have 40 mins spare to test it so they gave me a new phone.........simples.

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member
pwned-facekick.jpg