ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drove nearly the length of Britain last night....

Fiesta STripes
Left my place at 2am with the wife. The long drive from Haywards Heath to Inverness took nearly 12 hours (first time i've done it in the 182 - the 197 came up here three times in all), and here are a couple of pics of the awesome parts:

IMAG0709_zps0e1ae210.jpg

IMAG0710_zps6e875de9.jpg

IMAG0711_zpsd540ae78.jpg

IMAG0712_zps67496481.jpg

IMAG0713_zps0338a0bf.jpg

IMAG0716_zpsb1ed25b7.jpg

Loads more driving to be done over the next two weeks, bought the telescope too for the super clear skies for viewing ;)

Car was spotless when we left, now she's a proper dirty biaaatch!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
A9 by any chance? Did that years ago from Perth to Inverness in a Focus...enjoyed it, but kept speeds down as thought that there were more than the 3 fixed cameras that were there!

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Looks great. I'm off up to Aberfeldy later this month. Never properly stretched the Focus' legs so looking forward it it.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Great pics, mate. Like some of the replies above I also enjoy lengthy road trips (as long as the roads are worth it!)

With regards the A9... is it particularly bad for speed cameras these days? I went up there as part of a Scotland Tour/Drive a few years ago and it was quiet; can't even recall seeing any cameras.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Great pics, mate. Like some of the replies above I also enjoy lengthy road trips (as long as the roads are worth it!)

With regards the A9... is it particularly bad for speed cameras these days? I went up there as part of a Scotland Tour/Drive a few years ago and it was quiet; can't even recall seeing any cameras.

There were 3 fixed cameras at the beginning of it (Perth side) but they have unmarked cars on there according to signage. I was up there about 7 or 8 years ago

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
The last time I drove the A9, me and some other guy were just cruising down at whatever speed. He wouldn't pass me though. Presumably so I'd get caught first, LOL. f**k it, I do the same to others as well.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
There were 3 fixed cameras at the beginning of it (Perth side) but they have unmarked cars on there according to signage. I was up there about 7 or 8 years ago
Cheers, Don. :D

The last time I drove the A9, me and some other guy were just cruising down at whatever speed. He wouldn't pass me though. Presumably so I'd get caught first, LOL. f**k it, I do the same to others as well.
Very sensible! Sadly I will be the one leading the proposed trip so... :) I might recommend someone else lead for this leg of the drive.

Fiesta STripes
A9 by any chance? Did that years ago from Perth to Inverness in a Focus...enjoyed it, but kept speeds down as thought that there were more than the 3 fixed cameras that were there!

I avoid the A9 like the plague! I HATE it lol!!! A85>A84>A82 every time. Always get stuck with something on A9. Hate it lololol!!!

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Mini meet on saturday if your still here?

Edit - ive just spoken to 200 gordini off 197.net and hes said your coming? :)

Looks great. I'm off up to Aberfeldy later this month. Never properly stretched the Focus' legs so looking forward it it.
I'm off up to Kenmore in a fortnight, sadly in a boring car, but the roads and views up there are awesome!
I did 2100 miles in under a week in my old 182 back in 2010 around the west coast/Skye and back across to Inverness/Aviemore/Aberfeldy on the way home!

Fiesta STripes
Couple more pics for you :)

Whilst in Scotland, eat as all the locals do ;)
IMAG0729_zpsca4ad353.jpg

Blizzard on Sunday afternoon!
IMAG0746_zpse4e7dbd3.jpg

And some more out and about, and general "look how dirty the car is" pics ;)
IMG-20130205-WA0009_zps178bbe09.jpg

IMG-20130204-WA0006_zpsfa84621c.jpg

IMG-20130204-WA0005_zps39c18135.jpg

IMG-20130204-WA0004_zps3bc86ba1.jpg

IMG-20130204-WA0002_zps33be5164.jpg

IMAG0813_zps278978f0.jpg

IMAG0812_zpsdb8d1c80.jpg

IMAG0807_zps982b4998.jpg

IMAG0806_zps3b6249e9.jpg

IMAG0801_zps9dae133b.jpg

IMAG0800_zpsb6c40b9a.jpg

IMAG0799_zpsdc06c8b5.jpg

IMAG0780_zps6fa2f4bf.jpg

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Car looks very emmm.. clean? :p

Im off to glencoe on monday for work, shame im taking a combo van and not the clio :(

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
Awesome scenery, can't beat Scotland for that.

I drive from Helston, Cornwall to Dundee. That's a good 617 miles for me!

That breakfast looks immense! Not had Lorne sausage for years! Hope you tried some haggis!

Fiesta STripes
Awesome scenery, can't beat Scotland for that.

I drive from Helston, Cornwall to Dundee. That's a good 617 miles for me!

That breakfast looks immense! Not had Lorne sausage for years! Hope you tried some haggis!

Haggis?? No chance lol! Breakfast was served at 7pm, had to be done ;)

e36 323i
cool shots, i normally drive up that way once a year to stay at my missus aunty and uncles in altnaharra never done the trip in the clio tho its always been in bits on the drive lol

Glencoe, Glen Nevis, and Kinlochleven, and so many other parts of Scotland are all genuinely beautiful places.

I'll be having a long weekend up there at some point this year.