ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drove nearly the length of Britain last night....

Fiesta STripes
Here she is getting dirtier and dirtier today in the Loch Ness area :)

Road with a view:
IMAG0816_zps77f027b0.jpg

IMAG0818_zpse86d317c.jpg

Then these are all taken on the B852 between Inverness and Fort William:
IMAG0819_zps9470ba0b.jpg

IMAG0820_zps8d747c45.jpg

IMAG0821_zpsd418ca8e.jpg

IMAG0823_zpscbe1cd7d.jpg

IMAG0824_zps71c7cb97.jpg

IMAG0825_zps23e0e3b6.jpg

IMAG0826_zps8ab0eecf.jpg

IMAG0827_zps42eac6de.jpg

IMAG0828_zps87f60382.jpg

IMAG0829_zpsf49577fc.jpg

IMAG0830_zpsf29b8a1a.jpg

IMAG0831_zpse9ad8068.jpg

IMAG0832_zpsd10ca2f8.jpg

IMAG0833_zpsc98573a2.jpg

IMAG0834_zps9855625e.jpg

IMAG0835_zps2bf087e9.jpg

IMAG0836_zps40158e60.jpg

IMAG0837_zps08985e67.jpg

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Left my place at 2am with the wife. The long drive from Haywards Heath to Inverness took nearly 12 hours (first time i've done it in the 182 - the 197 came up here three times in all), and here are a couple of pics of the awesome parts:

IMAG0711_zpsd540ae78.jpg

Loads more driving to be done over the next two weeks, bought the telescope too for the super clear skies for viewing ;)

Car was spotless when we left, now she's a proper dirty biaaatch!

Hai from the same lay-by! :cool:

DSCN4537_zpsca13fa3f.jpg

Some epic roads up there, aren't they?

D.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Cannae beat self caught haggis..

Found the pics from behind Foyers

IMG_1716_zpsa75321fc.jpg

IMG_1717_zpsb3cf7947.jpg

IMG_1718_zps2546b813.jpg

Apparently that was March 5 years ago, looks a bit different though!

Last edited:
  Fiesta STripes
John, your pics were taken at the Suidhe viewpoint - about 15 miles from Foyers, in the same lay by as my pics (7th pic onwards :))

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yup that's the one, couldn't remember the name of the viewpoint, cracking place though. The wife and I are in the middle of booking places for a week long tour up north, we usually go every year for a few days but its been a while. I can't wait, taking the 172 instead of the 225 as well so should be a riot!

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Yup that's the one, couldn't remember the name of the viewpoint, cracking place though. The wife and I are in the middle of booking places for a week long tour up north, we usually go every year for a few days but its been a while. I can't wait, taking the 172 instead of the 225 as well so should be a riot!

Let us know when your coming so we can avoid you...

LOL JK! we could sort a wee meet or something out? :)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
It's gonna be June sometime, either the week before or the week after CSS. So the Clio will probably do about 2000 miles in that time! We'll be spending a couple of nights in Inverness so I'm sure we can sort something out.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Fantastic pictures!

I'm organising a Scottish road trip for this August. Approx 1250 miles.

Really enjoying the photos as I know I'll be in many of the same places later in the week - leave early am Thursday.
My car is almost as dirty as yours already (only 2 weeks since I washed it) and I'm tempted to just leave it and see how minging it is by the time I do 1k miles or so around Scotland!
I'll keep my eyes peeled for your car :)

Fiesta STripes
Really enjoying the photos as I know I'll be in many of the same places later in the week - leave early am Thursday.
My car is almost as dirty as yours already (only 2 weeks since I washed it) and I'm tempted to just leave it and see how minging it is by the time I do 1k miles or so around Scotland!
I'll keep my eyes peeled for your car :)

Where you staying up here? It's sooooo windy here at the moment, but loving all the driving and walks, and sitting infront of the fire reading Brian Cox books!!!

Where you staying up here? It's sooooo windy here at the moment, but loving all the driving and walks, and sitting infront of the fire reading Brian Cox books!!!
First night in Oban, second will be a lot of driving and eventually to Loch Tay then home on the 3rd afternoon.
A combo of photography, sightseeing and a spot of nice driving roads although I'll be with 3 mates in a Honda Jazz so nothing too crazy :)

Fiesta STripes
We're just about to book our summer holiday for the week after CSS, my wife is looking at places to stay, I've already done the route!

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?sadd...aberd&mra=dpe&mrsp=10&sz=7&via=1,7,10&t=m&z=7

I expect with CSS that it'll be 2000 miles in a week or so!

Thats one hell of a drive lol! But it really is worth it. We are going down "The Road to the Isles" Mallaig today - lovely bit of road that is :)

First night in Oban, second will be a lot of driving and eventually to Loch Tay then home on the 3rd afternoon.
A combo of photography, sightseeing and a spot of nice driving roads although I'll be with 3 mates in a Honda Jazz so nothing too crazy :)

Still awesome fun though, but having a RS up here adds more to the fun ;)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
A830 iirc? Not been all the way down it since they upgraded it, still had a long single track section when I went along it. Was a cracking drive and some really nice scenery as well.

Yeah its a decent few miles, especially as going down to Bury St Edmunds on the Friday, CSS on Sat and back up on Sunday then start that holiday on the Monday, poor wee clio wont know whats happened!

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
We're just about to book our summer holiday for the week after CSS, my wife is looking at places to stay, I've already done the route!

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?sadd...aberd&mra=dpe&mrsp=10&sz=7&via=1,7,10&t=m&z=7

I expect with CSS that it'll be 2000 miles in a week or so!

You need to add Isle of Skye in too ;)

Similar to the road trip I'm organising, ive included Isle of Skye in too. Up to 1250 miles so far. Need to plan places to stay and fuel stops now.

Can't wait like!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Been through Skye before to get the boat to Lewis. Next time we'll go to Harris more I think. We're pushing our budget with this trip so dunno if Skye will happen this time, its only about 3-3.5 hours from mine anyway!

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Been through Skye before to get the boat to Lewis. Next time we'll go to Harris more I think. We're pushing our budget with this trip so dunno if Skye will happen this time, its only about 3-3.5 hours from mine anyway!

I haven't even set a budget yet, not bothered about stopping in fancy places, a nice bed is all we need. Rather spent extra on decent grub.

Fiesta STripes
Just two today of the A830 Road to the Isles Near Ben Nevis (the road was empty today, and was good fun in the 182, highly recommend!)

IMAG0934_zps8f2c76ae.jpg

IMAG0942_zpsa59031cc.jpg

172,Valver
Brilliant Pics and awesome roads mate. Used to live in Inverness a few years ago and loved the b roads!