ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drying before claying??

A4 Avant & A3
I've decided to give my car a proper clean so have bought all the stuff (knowing me, i'll get bored & never actually use it though lol).

Got the water magnet thingy
clay bar
AG SRP & EGP

So i am wondering, after washing the car, do i dry it before using the clay?? or just spray that detailer spray on a wet car & go from there?

al

ST on the way...
Yeah wet is a lot easier, if you give the car a quick spritz with QD after washing it helps the water run off the car better anyway.

Remember to keep the paintwork well lubricated with QD.

A4 Avant & A3
Thanks for the advice.

One more thing, after claying the car, do i just get straight on with polishing? or does it need a quick wash after?

Now i just need to get and do it lol!!
I've already talked myself out of it for today now.. got "other" things to do.

Sunday's the day :)

106 GTi
I dont like claying cars wet if using Quick Detailer as I find it waters it down to much, works great if using a soap and water mix as clay lube though.

A4 Avant & A3
Rich said:
works great if using a soap and water mix as clay lube though.

So when the QD has ran out i can mix up some soapy (as in, car wash type soap?) water to use instead then??

I managed to get out & wash the car today, washed, clayed, SRP & EGP

Took me hours..

106 GTi
I mix 3 to 4 capfulls of Megs Gold Class in a 600ml spray bottle with some water as a Clay lube, wasting QD is to expensive for me!

A4 Avant & A3
Cheers Rich, i'll (try to) remember that for when i run out.. can't imagine i'll be claying it tooo much.

Do you 'HAVE' to polish after claying a car or can you clay it & leave it?

106 GTi
You should at least seal it as claying takes it to bare unprotected paint.

A polish is adviseable as claying will show up an highlight any paintwork flaws.