ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drying.

Honda & VW
Microfiber towels are the best thing I've come across for effective drying off. All the hand car wash places use them now instead of chamois leathers. They don't scratch and they can be easily washed when they become dirty. I've got loads of them now.

Well if they're using them.... Lol

Clio
i got a free hoover from work their were getting rid off, it has a blow pipe too, its great and no need to touch the paint :)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Thought I'd update this since I know you're all on the edge of your seats...

The open ended hose thing is the b****cks. Workls so well! I also bought a CYC's own giant towel thing which is also very good. So, there you have it, I no longer hate drying. Cheers all.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I use the compressor or if I cant be asked to start it up I use the the towel that Gally linked and as long as you've washed and decontaminated correctly you should be mostly ok. I also bung the towel on the windows first to get it wet before dragging it dry over the roof like most people do.

Even the blue i4detailing towels are good imo.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Just make sure theres no way it will blow grit/dirt at the car. Should be fine though.

I really want a pet dryer, somehow I keep finding better/more important ways to spend £80 though

'03 MCS, MKV Ed30
I just use a water blade (on none paint corrected paintwork) and a MF cloth.

If theres still any marks just quick detail over.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
film2.jpg

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Been using waffle weave towels for years

They are frowned upon though. But I like em.

Got a microfibre madness dry me crazy towel to try next courtesy of polished bliss's goody bag offer.

But I'll bring that out for my own car when I finally get round to fully correcting it. Which probably won't happen.

Would rather do other people's cars lol

Yep the open hose does work,

Then drying towels let it drip dry but try not to let the drips from under the wing mirrors and handles bake on in the sun

And then go round with Finale-quick detailer to get rid of any water marks

Sian :)

182cup & 172 racecar
I have used the leaf blower from work, now that does pack a punch, and gets the water out of everywhere.

Let me introduce you "THE" drying towel:

0031.jpg

0034.jpg

dscn9469.jpg

Photos from Tony_bcn and SANTI.
Now,how is ready to say that they are not good¿? please let me know.

Last edited:
No, I think English is his second language, so there has been something lost in translation.

Vive le sport - quick English lesson.

Chamois;

qymeve2e.jpg

Drying towel;

egubemyb.jpg

So your comment s about chamois being the best was incorrect. Now calm down.

The comercial name of the towel is Uber Pro Chamois Drying Towel that doesn't mind that its made of chamois in fact its made of the hest quality microfiber.i know the difference between chamois and microfiber thanks so first read and see then write about.

Ah. So it is purely that you have an attitude problem. Enjoy the forum.

Wash mitt, WAAAASH MIIIITT;

evenepe4.jpg

Golf GT & A4 Avant
The comercial name of the towel is Uber Pro Chamois Drying Towel that doesn't mind that its made of chamois in fact its made of the hest quality microfiber.i know the difference between chamois and microfiber thanks so first read and see then write about.

welcome to ClioSport!

can i suggest you chill out a little, you said chamois, which is known here as a soft leather used for drying. a simple mis understanding. nobidy made a personal attack on you so lets forget these few posts and start again?