ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ds2500 Brake kit (discs pads and hoses) - Feedback

MKV Golf GTi (240bhp)
i am going to puchase the Ferodo DS2500 Front Package inc. Goodridge Braided Hose, just wondered a couple of things first, what sort of difference in stopping will i notice

also i have noticed some slight grinding when i first pull off from my rear break disks, is it worth getting the rears changed or should i not bother and just stick to standard

cheers Duncan

Monaco Blue Mk2
03clio172 said:
i am going to puchase the Ferodo DS2500 Front Package inc. Goodridge Braided Hose, just wondered a couple of things first, what sort of difference in stopping will i notice

also i have noticed some slight grinding when i first pull off from my rear break disks, is it worth getting the rears changed or should i not bother and just stick to standard

cheers Duncan

Sounds as if your pads are worn/calipers are sticking?

i fitted ds2500's and they were shockingly poor.. think it was contaminated discs/pads though

fitted new genuine discs and pads and stops ok again.. so im sticking with standard from now on.

oh the ds2500's you have to grind the ends off them to fit them, and they squeek like a b**ch during normal driving.

for me they definately wasnt worth 92 quid.

Lionel Richie
you don't have to grind the ends off at all, you remove the stupid thin plates instead

we sell loads of DS2500's, awesome pads

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
GuyS said:
i fitted ds2500's and they were shockingly poor.. think it was contaminated discs/pads though

fitted new genuine discs and pads and stops ok again.. so im sticking with standard from now on.

oh the ds2500's you have to grind the ends off them to fit them, and they squeek like a b*tch during normal driving.

for me they definately wasnt worth 92 quid.

Dont know who fitted then but thats a classic of not cleaning the discs with brake cleaner before fitting. DS2500 are excellent....! BIG BIG improvement over std.

They are excellent pads every forum will tell you the same..to me you or who ever fitted them didnt do it them correctly.

Also key factor is to flush the brake fluid this is usually the main reason for a poor pedal if you drive the car hard...

they worked good when i first fitted them.. but then went crap very soon after

i think it was contamination off the road (i do work on a coal terminal and had to take my car on there for 2 weeks so i think it may be from that.. black wet shitty coal everywhere)

ive spoke to various people who have them (focus rs, etc) and they all said theirs squeel too during normal use.. like deafening people in the drive through. lol

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
In my experience they can't be faulted for track use, standing up to some serious abuse lap after lap after lap.

On the road though, I'd say there's little difference over a standard set-up unless you drive like a nutter.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
GuyS said:
they worked good when i first fitted them.. but then went crap very soon after

i think it was contamination off the road (i do work on a coal terminal and had to take my car on there for 2 weeks so i think it may be from that.. black wet sh*tty coal everywhere)

ive spoke to various people who have them (focus rs, etc) and they all said theirs squeel too during normal use.. like deafening people in the drive through. lol

Squeel is never an issue on the Clio even with DS3000....on some brembo calipers it can be bad but its due to the spring clip which you can get new ones to sort it. On the EVO DS3000 used to make you ears bleed until hot..! With the clip nothting..

EVOgone said:
Squeel is never an issue on the Clio even with DS3000....on some brembo calipers it can be bad but its due to the spring clip which you can get new ones to sort it. On the EVO DS3000 used to make you ears bleed until hot..! With the clip nothting..

you said THE clio

you mean YOUR clio.

unless youve drove every single clio in the world that has ds2500's on?

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
GuyS said:
you said THE clio

you mean YOUR clio.

unless youve drove every single clio in the world that has ds2500's on?

If fitted correctly in this caliper, usually people dont grind enough off the pad ends. It should be able to move freely as the backing plate does expand. Mine squeeled before doing this and 2 friends have too.

After grinding a bit more and putting plently of copperslip on the backing plate never any issues....

Agreed just my experence but seems to work....;)

NO grinding, NO grease

just run them in on track!

no squeeking, great performance, similar to stock pads, better fade resistance

Clio 197
I didn't remove the clips (I just didn't want to)...

...I grinded the backing-plate (5 min job - WEAR EAR PLUGS THOUGH)...

My brakes don't squeal or anything.... and the pads are FAB FAB FAB.

I'm very glad I changed the pads TBH... the standard ones didn't take much abuse (but are ok for normal road-use).

As for your rears grinding - you'll get it this time of year TBH - mine are the same.

Lionel Richie
you want decent brakes, you put up with a tiny bit of squealing, my ex used to squeal and i put up with her for a long time ;)

Clio16v,205Mi16
brilliant compound, like pagid's but cheaper, just seem to keep getting stronger as you abuse them more, use them in the 205 nova and the 16v, love them.