ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DTE/DTUK Pedalbox

182cup/D40/Hornet
I have bought a couple of tuning boxes over the years from these guys for different diesel cars.
On my most recent visit, I noticed something called a 'pedalbox', don't know whether any of you chaps have heard of these?
Anyway, I was speaking to them about this and they informed me I could fit one to my clio.
Being sceptical about this after telling me 'there is no increase in power', they offered to let me try one out.
I've had this fitted for a couple of days and I've got to say the car does feel quicker, much better throttle response and seems slightly better mpg. I am still getting my head around how this is, but it seems to work.
At the minute it's set on 'map 1+1' but I'm going to have abit play with this over next couple of weeks the box has 4 'maps' on and each 'map' can be finely adjusted, I'll keep you's posted on this

320d
It says it just increases throttle response. How does it make it quicker and better mpg?

Have you got any more info on it? £206 seems like a fair bit of money.

182cup/D40/Hornet
Like I say,still trying to get my head round how this is the case,but does feel quicker.
I've tried it without then put it back on and I can feel the difference.I think it's giving you 100% throttle quicker? if that makes sense?
I'll get link for info

221bhp/ton Mondial Terror
After reading the info on the site it does look quite interesting! I guess it just needs a couple of members to take the plunge and get one and review it for other members to see.

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
I'm pretty sure all these do is amplify the signal from the throttle switch.

Ie. what used to be 10% throttle, will now be 20% (just an example, but you get my drift).

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
There has been a similar thing on the Market for a while, mainly for performance prestige it's called a sprint booster slot of amg owners use them.

Golf GTD Mk7
sounds like an interesting mod. Cost including fitting? Personally i'll be going FBW, but for those who don't fancy that, it would be worth a punt

You get throttle controllers for other cars, as said it just amplifies the signal so e.g. 1/2 down pedal is full way down so it feels like your going faster. Fun for 2 weeks until you realise there is no real performance benifit and you drive round jerky as hell. Also most people turn them off on track days for better control of the throttle.