ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DUMB QUESTION: How to transport an engine?

FOR SALE: '97 Clio 1.4 RT
Errr... okay, how do you move an engine around. I've never weighed one, but I figure they're heavy as f**k... like what... 200kg? (lets say a Reno 1.8 with gearbox)

Well, I wanna buy an engine on ebay, but I wanna collect it. The guy will probably load it onto the van at that end, but how do you get an engine out of a van? Is it a job for a few big blokes? or do you _need_ an engine hoist?

Sorry for the dumb question, I really have no idea! lol.

-Akira

Lee

BMW M2C
A few big blokes could do it, night.icon has done it on his own in the past!!

I know Roamer and Fred once used the technique of putting the engine on an old bit of carpet and dragging it. lol

me and my dad got a valver engine off matbrown. lifted it out the van on our own. i'd reccommend more than 2 people tho, fuckin heavy! but then my dad did used to be a power lifter so that helped.

oh and get a trolley to put it on so u can then wheel it about

Looking for a ph-quick...
Yeah they are god dam heavy, when i did my engine conversion me and my mate pulled the engine off the pallet and on to my foot! the result......broken toe! Elephant crane?? that should surfice.

Ph1
Tesco's have a wide selection of trolly's available. Ideally one from Homebase would be better as they have the 'low loader' types in stock.

Slip a ned 5 quid, bobs your uncle f4nny's your aunt you have a engine mover ;)

Neds were thin on the ground when i bought my engine so 2 lads and a wheel barrow had to do lol

Clown Car
Yeah two of you should be able to pick up and carry a Renault engine, i once had to pick up a Ford Capri 3.0 V6 on my own from the road into a van, i just kicked it out when i got the other end.

80MPG BEEZA
there's a big guy that owns a compamy called pickering pipes (in pickering) his taller then me i'm 6"3 his got a big bald ed and cross eyes and his moved engines on his own and apparently his dead friendly!