ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dump Valve dCi

Just wondering is it possible to put a dump valve on the 1.5 dci 80 expression?

I think its got a waste gate on there as it is as when you lift your foot off at about 3k revs in 2nd gear on wards you get a little tisss sound.

And if you can how easy would it be to fit and remove as i would need to remove it easily when needed as i dont want it on all the time

Cheers

Diesel dont need dump valves there a petrol thing. To do with throttle plates which diesel dont have.

There no waste gate though what your hearing is either the noise of the turbo as because you have taken your foot of the diesel combustion noise has gone. I think however I know what noise your talking about if so its the noise of the EGR or exhaust gas recirculation kicking in its desined to help reduce emissons.

As for getting a dump valve fitted have a search back on the forum there was a post a while ago from someone looking to fit a Clio diesel 1.5 with one who was offering to do it cheap I belive (sounded like somone who knew what they were on about as well).

But as for taking it of your only option realy is for an adjustabel vale or being able to remove the valve, ie a valve which you can change so that in one position it opens when necessary and another it wont open at all.

clio dci
yea you can i have got one on my dci 80 and it sounds great when i asked about it to see if you could fit them every one sed no but they were rong!

yea you can i have got one on my dci 80 and it sounds great when i asked about it to see if you could fit them every one sed no but they were rong!

You can fit them but they serve no point except from proving to people who know about diesel that you have one with no benefit and only want it for the noise.

APR LCR225
Re: Archived Post from old forum

Diesel dont need dump valves there a petrol thing. To do with throttle plates which diesel dont have.

There no waste gate though what your hearing is either the noise of the turbo as because you have taken your foot of the diesel combustion noise has gone. I think however I know what noise your talking about if so its the noise of the EGR or exhaust gas recirculation kicking in its desined to help reduce emissons.
As for getting a dump valve fitted have a search back on the forum there was a post a while ago from someone looking to fit a Clio diesel 1.5 with one who was offering to do it cheap I belive (sounded like somone who knew what they were on about as well).

But as for taking it of your only option realy is for an adjustabel vale or being able to remove the valve, ie a valve which you can change so that in one position it opens when necessary and another it wont open at all.

You can put a dump valve on, it will act the same as on a petrol engine, but not make any difference on a low powered dci running little boost. If you want it purely for the noise then yes, you can fit one. As for a wastegate, it will have one of those on it already yes... The noise you think you can hear is just the boost peaking quickly when you let off the throttle..

Last edited:
Re: Archived Post from old forum

You can put a dump valve on, it will act the same as on a petrol engine, but not make any difference on a low powered dci running little boost. If you want it purely for the noise then yes, you can fit one. As for a wastegate, it will have one of those on it already yes... The noise you think you can hear is just the boost peaking quickly when you let off the throttle..

DCi run massive boost have a real first 1.1 bar minimum is stock level few turbos run even half that.

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
Now saying that about petrol engines is wrong. On petrol turbo golf's i know someone who bought one with a dumpvalve fitted, and didnt like it so he removed it. No difference whatsoever. Only for all out big hp engines is it actually NEEDED, but it will help things work smoother on a petrol when fitted cause the boost doesn't pile up in the charge pipe soon as throttle is closed. Better turbo life but a slight bit more lag if on/off throttle quickly. Similar situation with diesels.