ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dust caps theving little gits

i got some chrome valves with dust caps when i brought my wheels and noone nicked them for ages

then about 2 weeks ago they were gone

so i got some more 2 days ago i caught a kid about 7 with a spanner in my wheels trying to nick them again told him to sling his hook then yesterday i caught him yes the same kid squatting down by my wheels looking around as if he was going to have em again .

today came home from work tryed to remotley start my car nothing my alarm had gone off but so had 2 of my dust caps

anyone got any ideas of how to stop this??

anything i can buy to do the trick??

thanks

jaimie

GR7

Shiny red R32

I used to have them on my Pug with the Pug logo on and I often had them stolen. I bought two spare sets and after losing those in time, I gave up and went back to the plastic ones and nobody bothered with those. Maybe you are better keeping the metal caps for show and shine days and Club meets.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

get a new set, and put em on and watch from some where, where no 1 can see u, when the kid comes back, run up behind him and kick him up the arse so f**king hard, then grab the kid, take him to his house bang on the door, and tell his parents.

dont hold out giving him a kicking just cos he is 7, if he is old enuf to steal he is old enuf to take the punishment, or take him in your house and take him in your lounge or kitchen and scare he sh*t out of him, tell him if ne thing else happens to your car u will come looking for him and u will hurt him.

I put my new ones on Saturday and noticed Monday morning that they had gone already!!!! Little bleeders!! I have ordered some more with the tightening thingy bob, so they at least wont be able to unscrew them by hand......and try yet again!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

megane

wat about them flush fit ones

they still have a alloy look top so u cant notice them

r r they a tw*t to fit and put air in??

andy

if its just this kid who is the problem go and tell his parents that hes stealing might help. if not and you can always go to a bmw dealer(they dont have a bmw logo on them), metal valve caps are only 20p each so even if some little fecker does nick them its not guna cost £5 or £10 like some places charge

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

only thing is if u use a metal valve cap from some where else they may be made of a different material, i.e your valves are stainless steel and the other valve caps may be alloy, and they may weld together when the rain gets on em.

Quote: Originally posted by MaLicE on 27 September 2003

only thing is if u use a metal valve cap from some where else they may be made of a different material, i.e your valves are stainless steel and the other valve caps may be alloy, and they may weld together when the rain gets on em.
dont be silly, everytime you have your tyres changed the valves get replaced, and do you honestly think they ring up renault etc to get valves? ...........NO and besides a fiver says renault, ford etc etc change the supplier they use at the factory for valves if they find a cheaper one, intermetallic corrosion can happen over a long period and is usally made worse by heat. youll be fine with valve caps and would have to be a right limp wristed girl not to get them off even if stuck a little. plus you should check pressures regularly so they wouldnt have a chance to get in that state

Mk2 Golf GTI

i was going to suggest the flush fit valves or the anti-theft ones that have a little grub screw you can lock into place

Mk2 Golf GTI

URL]

looks like youll have to copy/paste it as i cant get the link to work

i had a set oh locking ones on mine whent to c ma sis las week came out and the f**king things had gone but they left one b*s*a*d*s:mad:

Washers on grinder razor sharp and then buy lockin cps.... i did it came out one day blood on wheels. Aint been stolen again :D Dont supa glue them what eva you do, if tires need air carnt get them off ya self

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

Quote: Originally posted by 172loony on 27 September 2003

dont be silly, everytime you have your tyres changed the valves get replaced, and do you honestly think they ring up renault etc to get valves? ...........NO and besides a fiver says renault, ford etc etc change the supplier they use at the factory for valves if they find a cheaper one, intermetallic corrosion can happen over a long period and is usally made worse by heat. youll be fine with valve caps and would have to be a right limp wristed girl not to get them off even if stuck a little. plus you should check pressures regularly so they wouldnt have a chance to get in that state
i didnt mean the standard black valves, i meant the chrome replacement valves and caps you can get, if you mix alloy ones with stainless steel caps they corrode in to each other extremely quick, that is why the richbrooke caps have a note on them about it, why is it every post i make you have to come back with some comment in a cocky sarcastic way ?

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

Flush fit - the only way to go, tidies the wheel up and after switching to flush fit, havent had a single cap nicked.

Or with the anti theft ones, tighten em up, remove grub screw, drill a hole through cap and into side of valve. That way the grub screw actually goes into the valve rather than just tightening against it.

i bought i new set of alloys and aslo had the chrome caps. The very same night mine where stolen! I was that annoyed I bought a new set but used a spanner to put them on and then superglued small brocken heads from needles to the edges.

I know the caps would be wrecked but i wanted my own back on the thieving little b******s.

Funny no one stole them again!

Quote: Originally posted by MaLicE on 28 September 2003

Quote: Originally posted by 172loony on 27 September 2003

i didnt mean the standard black valves, i meant the chrome replacement valves and caps you can get, if you mix alloy ones with stainless steel caps they corrode in to each other extremely quick, that is why the richbrooke caps have a note on them about it, why is it every post i make you have to come back with some comment in a cocky sarcastic way ?
every post? methinks you are paranoid

in all my years working in the motortrade (thats 7 btw) i have never ever seen this happen no matter what valve caps are fitted to what valves, sorry i just feel that its totally unrealistic.