ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DVD Writing

EvoVIII, Gsxr, BMW M3
Ok i'm new to writing DVD's so sorry if I sound like a dumbass...

If I make a 'Data DVD disc' using Nero, will I be able to watch the videos I copy to the disc on my home DVD player, i'm using DVD-r discs. I'm a little confused whether I need to write a DVD-video file disc or whether a Data disc will work fine.

No is the short answer. Unless you are burning avis or some such that your player will recognise (some play anything). For DVD video you will need to burn a DVD video disc.

CLIO WILLIAMS #0215
if you want it in dvd quality TS files you will have to convert the AVI file using divxtodvd converter(what i use everytime) or use dvd santa. as well as being converters, both programs will burn the files as well

Argee use divxtodvd to Convert your files in to VOB format then any dvd player will read them, not many UK dvd players will play AVI file format

ive been having trouble burning wmv files to dvd with DVD santa today

it doesnt seem to wanna play.. just puts about 5 chapters of black screen!

UR 197, AB 182 FF
You can mention all the legal tools you want. Just don't be surprised if your posts get deleted that refer to "ripping" or "downloading" movies.

MikeDX said:
You can mention all the legal tools you want. Just don't be surprised if your posts get deleted that refer to "ripping" or "downloading" movies.

Ripping is not illegal IIRC. Your allowed to make a backup copy of a Cd you have paid for.