ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dying Light

Evo 5 RS
Another zombie apocalypse game from the guys over at Techland (Dead Island, Dead Island Riptide and the Call of Juarez series). Using a new version of the Chrome engine for next generation consoles.

Due out on Xbox 360, PC, Xbox One, PS3 and PS4 next year some when.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dying_Light

Dying Light is an upcoming zombie-apocalyptic first person survival horror video game developed by Techland to be released on the PlayStation 3, Playstation 4, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and Microsoft Windows.[SUP][1][/SUP][SUP][2][/SUP][SUP][3][/SUP] It is a survival horror game set in a vast and dangerous open world. During the day, players traverse an expansive urban environment overrun by a vicious outbreak, scavenging the world for supplies and crafting weapons to defend against the growing infected population with a heavy focus onfreerunning mechanics. Many compare and it is noted that it appears as a hybrid of "[Island]" and "[Edge]". "At night, the hunter becomes the hunted, as the infected become aggressive and more dangerous. Most frightening are the predators which appear only after sundown. Players must use everything in their power to survive until the morning’s first light."

12 minutes of footage:

DyingLight_E3_final+(5)+copy.jpg

DyingLight_E3_final+(2).jpg

DyingLight_E3_final+(3).jpg

DyingLight_E3_final+(4)+copy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  A SHED!
I should give more input. Basically the storyline is poor, graphics aren't as good as the screenshots make out. Controls are awkward I feel. Weapons system and selection are stupid along with using lockpicks for everything. Basically it's mash of alot games. Some might like it. I don't unfortunately. Gets a 5/10 from me.

Ph 1 172
Just completed the story.... Loved it... But repetiative at times but running around during the day is epic because you never take the same route.

Mix of several games as said already, like mirrors edge mixed with a generic zombie game. Still enjoyed it though

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
I think it's awesome. I've had most of all the releases on the XB1 so far and this is easily the best non BF/racing game. Done about 15+ hours and still loving it. Normally bored of games after 10.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Not massively struck on this. Borrowed if off a mate. Probably put 4 or 5 hours into it so far.
Controls are horrible. Who the f**k uses a trigger button to jump?
I'm bored of running to one side of the map, talking to someone, switching on some lights and then going back, chatting more and repeat.

Maybe it does get better but so far I'm not that impressed. Graphics seem alright but not as good as I'd hope.

Still pretty disappointed with the current crop of games. Maybe I'm expecting too much.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
The graphics are awesome?!
And the fun is in the journey. Once you start getting some decent weapons with Damage over 200 etc it becomes a lot more fun. Oh, and the grappling hook.

A SHED!
Agree with the r1 button to jump being stupid and I don't think the graphics are great compared to say far cry etc.

Nissan 350z
Enjoying this currently in co-op. My main gripe is the weapons limited repair feature? Whats the point in using upgrades for my weapons if 4 repairs later they are worthless and have to be scrapped because I cant repair them anymore... WHY 😧

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
Thread Revival. DL2 is out today!
I've got it downloading now

Looks much of the same as the first game, but that's fine by me given it was an awesome.
Anyone else purchased?

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Funny I've seen this thread, my mate gave me this game when he sold his ps4
It's been in the door card of the van for over 6 months.
Might give it a go.

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
It's a great game. I've played the old one through a number of times.
Still s***s me up a little bit aswell....