ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dynamique 1.2 rpm problems

Just wondering if anyone else has these troubles.

I have a 1.2 Dynamique 16v (2002)

Sometimes when I start the engine, it pulses the engine
It revs a little stutters a little reves a little etc.

Occasionaly it just stalls even in warm temperatures.
When I feel it about to stall I give it a tiny amount of gas but this makes the engine go into a fit ! It revs maddly for a few seconds then settles down.
I only give it a split second of gas and pull my foot off but it just keeps reving !!

After this you can still feel the engine pulsing as your driving along :(

When its doing this stuttering it sits about 500rpm - 700rpm
Normally its about 1000rpm

The engine has only done 500 miles and im not sure if its knackered or not

Any help appreciated
RIOT

Take it back to the dealer and get them to sort it. Sound like something to do with the ECU/Throttle body.

There is a new ECU program out this week for the Clio which is meant to deal with throttle problems.

Ren16v, What do you know about this ?

We had a similar problem with ours and the coil type thingy light came on when it occurred.

Just been reading previous threads and yeah it does sound like it needs the ECU update.

But others say just wait for the light to go out before starting, which ill have a go at later.

Havent noticed the coil light though, will have to pay more attention :D

Cheers peeps, put my mind at rest

I thought the pulsing on start up was the automatic choke?, mine does that, wen i first strt the engine, but after that its fine

Ford Fiesta

mmm, mine doesnt do anything like that. It does have a tappety noise tho when pressing throttle very slightly. :)

Just had mine in on friday at reno with the irratic idling when coming down off the revs electric warning light would come on then the revs would skip between 500 +1000 revs then cut out they said it was the sensor that tells the engine to run at idle had gone but its not the first time ive had it back with rev problems last time it was the trottle boby housing Ste

Ad

MK2 FRS

If you think its bad at the moment with the current ECU programme the first programme on the early cars was really bad. In the first week on my 51reg Dyn it stalled everytime you came to s stop when it was cold. All the 1.2 16v stutter when started you should let it settle. It takes around 20secs-Something to do with th Auto Choke according to renault. My 52reg still stalls ocassionaly for seemingly no reason!!

hope my 03 reg is gonna be ok! due to take delivery some time before thursday. it was due on the 28th of march, it is now the 30th. could be as late as next thur! gutted!

yeah that sounds pretty normal for a renault 1.2 16v, I have same problems, half time stalls when I start it, Renault checked it three times they say I have to wait for the instrument lights to go out then start it.

My argument: its s brand new car I want to put the key in and turn it, end of story, should not have to wait cos the poor little engine cannot manage to start like it should!!

Ford Fiesta

maybe thats why I have no probs then, I have always waitied once i put key in. You hear the fuel pump noise then another quiet qhine afetr 5-6 seconds all is silent the lights are out and I start the car, it has never cut out on me since I got it. A few seconds at the start is all it takes.

Yep agreeing with Bradford, tried it 3 times last night in near freezing temps .

Just wait for the light to go out and its starts better than ever :)

Renault Laguna

There is an update for all electronic throttle equiped Renaults ECU, have it checked by the dealer and try to be kind so they fix your probelm quick.

Mine is the same, i used to worry but if you just leave it its ok. Not very good for a new car though. Ill investigate the ECU update.

Yeah I had been doing that but sometimes you forget... Ive also never known a car that u had to wait for all the lights to go out LOL... If I had brought a skoda then i would accept it.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

mine fails to start every blue moon.. when it does it i can keep the key turned for as long as you like but it wont start.. as soon as i turn the key back and try again it starts first time ..really wierd but it only does it once every now and again.. and like I said it always starts perfectly the next time.

wierd !

RIOT - my previous mota was a 1.2 dynamique and the stalling problem used to happen to me after i had been driving at speed as i slowed down as i cluched it the revs would drop right off and the car would stall... i took it to renault and they couldn find a problem!

Quote: Originally posted by Steve on 31 March 2003

Yeah I had been doing that but sometimes you forget... Ive also never known a car that u had to wait for all the lights to go out LOL... If I had brought a skoda then i would accept it.

I was doing that today, my emissions light took a long time to go off, bloody car teases me!

Quote: Originally posted by FunkyASFunk on 31 March 2003

RIOT - my previous mota was a 1.2 dynamique and the stalling problem used to happen to me after i had been driving at speed as i slowed down as i cluched it the revs would drop right off and the car would stall... i took it to renault and they couldn find a problem!

Funny you say that, mine did that twice today !

Hadnt been over 50mph though !