ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dynamique idling problem

MK2 PH2 & E46 330
my gfs dynamique only idles at around 4 then seems to jump around then settle at 4 again.

then over and over again.

any ideas?

The 1.2s dont have idle control valve or none of the ones i've come across have. It's an electronic throttle and this controls the idle.
They are bad for getting choked up with oil also bad for failing aswell though.
Could be a few other things if you need any parts i've got most things and i'm just outside Edinburgh.

172 cup'd extreme
Its the throttle postision sensor that gets clogged up with oil as tidy says. Its part of the throttle body unit and cannot be replaced unless you change the whole body. You can however clean it out with some carb cleaner, this sorts it 8 out of 10 times.

my cars kinda doing the same, usualy idles around 900ish but every month or so it bonces between 400 and 900 quite violently with engine electric light coming on. Resolves itself by reving the engine around 3000rpm for a few seconds and its back to normal, Map sensor sparks and coil pack have been replaced. How would you go about cleaning the throttle body? easy job? Pics would be ace :rasp:. running out of idea:(