ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dyno day at extreme motorsport

Skoda fabia Vrs
Today i went to a dyno day with a couple of lads and had a great day!

Results from today were

131bhp and 118lbft are the standard figures i was aiming for

I got

Run 1

135.8 flywheel
116.9 wheels
112.1lbft

Run 2

136.4 flywheel
118.8 wheels
113.6 lbft

Overall very happy with the results

Steve

Skoda fabia Vrs
dynoresults.jpg

Iceberg 172
Blimey! a RS with the claimed power! Impressive!

I'd love to have a go in an RS Twingo... I followed one a few weeks ago and it looked great fun!!

Skoda fabia Vrs
lol alot of people doubt it etc. i was surprised tbh!

go and test drive 1 without the intention of buying one. i'm sure a 172/182 would be well quicker than my twingo. twingo has great handling as standard though. Like trophy 182

Audi TT 3.2
good figures, i was expecting it to make under figures as the clios do but fair play to you!

Skoda fabia Vrs
Yep i was happily proved wrong

i was expecting high 120's at fly and got 136.6 on 95ron

V-power = pointless on non turbo car in my opinion!

Skoda fabia Vrs
Extreme motorsport Take 2

Went to the Scottish RR meet on saturday morning and got some new results. Its gained power which is a bonus!

138.9 bhp and 117.6 lbft

Got a little video aswell

th_27112010005.jpg

Steve

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
you do realise and im not trying to piss on fires or upset people but take the fly figure with a pinch of salt... its a made up figure it doesnt exist... they use a simple % calculation to guess the transmission loss... the only figures worth anything are the wheel figs and the torque... and even then at a rolling road day unless its just your car i really really wouldnt take the power fig too serious...

spent alot of time reading about rolling roads and how they work, they are good for mapping on, they are good for roughly testing on, and good for getting rough power figures on... thats where it ends lol, if you were to go to a serious rolling road place and ask for a power run it will take a stupid amount of time to what you get at a rolling road day, where they just drive your car in, strap it down, centre it, drive up the gears till they are in 4th gear and showing 30mpg, they then set the computer to read that as a point of reference, then slow down stop, put it in first work up to 4th again, hold at 30 press start on a keyboard and boot it till it hits the limiter... then knock it out of gear and let it coast, take the car off and get the next one on... oh and if you are lucky they will stick a probe up the exhaust which measures the afr and if the dickhead driving the car knows how to watch it they might knock it out of gear if it runs lean lol....

only way to get engine or fly figs is on an engine dyno simple with all the trans out the way.

GTD, Lupo
you do realise and im not trying to piss on fires or upset people but take the fly figure with a pinch of salt... its a made up figure it doesnt exist... they use a simple % calculation to guess the transmission loss... the only figures worth anything are the wheel figs and the torque... and even then at a rolling road day unless its just your car i really really wouldnt take the power fig too serious...

spent alot of time reading about rolling roads and how they work, they are good for mapping on, they are good for roughly testing on, and good for getting rough power figures on... thats where it ends lol, if you were to go to a serious rolling road place and ask for a power run it will take a stupid amount of time to what you get at a rolling road day, where they just drive your car in, strap it down, centre it, drive up the gears till they are in 4th gear and showing 30mpg, they then set the computer to read that as a point of reference, then slow down stop, put it in first work up to 4th again, hold at 30 press start on a keyboard and boot it till it hits the limiter... then knock it out of gear and let it coast, take the car off and get the next one on... oh and if you are lucky they will stick a probe up the exhaust which measures the afr and if the dickhead driving the car knows how to watch it they might knock it out of gear if it runs lean lol....

only way to get engine or fly figs is on an engine dyno simple with all the trans out the way.

I have never been a big fan of dyno runs for this very reason, but what does make me laugh and a little confused are peoples comments.

If a car under reads you normally get the same old comments about how Renaults never make book figures, and no one questions the dyno or calculation.

But...

If a car makes book figures or even makes more you get the opposite comments, like take it with a pinch of salt, or calculation on the power lost through the drive error.

Seems crazy but im sure the OP expected it :D

Good results and as long as you are happy that all that matters.

Skoda fabia Vrs

God thanks lol Bored me to tears there mate lol.

Just posting up what i got i dont read into it too much tbh. Still a slow(ish) car no matter what the dyno printout says. Fun factor makes up for it tbh

Skoda fabia Vrs
I have never been a big fan of dyno runs for this very reason, but what does make me laugh and a little confused are peoples comments.

If a car under reads you normally get the same old comments about how Renaults never make book figures, and no one questions the dyno or calculation.

But...

If a car makes book figures or even makes more you get the opposite comments, like take it with a pinch of salt, or calculation on the power lost through the drive error.

Seems crazy but im sure the OP expected it :D

Good results and as long as you are happy that all that matters.

I totally agree with what you say mate. Cant please everyone!