ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

E Bay price hike for discs when they realised they would fit a Clio.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Renault Clio 172 cup
Ordered 2 sets of Brembo HC front discs this morning off of E Bay from AZ car parts in Wakefield . £37.80 a pair. Very cheap and a good deal. All paid for now and on their way. These discs were listed as Megane discs but were the correct part numbers for clios ( 09.8137.24 ). Having found this sort of thing before on other cars , i.e same parts being listed for different prices depending on the car, I know the parts will fit no problem. However......

spoke to AZ as they wanted to confirm that I had ordered 2 sets and hadnt made a mistake in ordering. All fine , no 2 sets is what I,m after. But then pointed out that they were going on a Clio and not a Megane and he suggested that I may have made a mistake. He was very surprised when he checked the part numbers and realised that they do indeed fit a Clio.
Five minutes had passed and I went back on E Bay and checked the listing again, the price has now been hiked up to 49.99. This seems just another example to me of pushing prices up because of the popularity of the car.
I had a similar occurence with my old car a Nissan Almera GTI. EBC yellowstuffs pads on one of the E Bay sellers were listed at different prices for the Almera , being a fiver cheaper on the Nissan Pulsar listing despite being exactly the same pads being sold by the same seller.
They have cut their own throats really because they are now nowhere near the cheapest price for that part on E Bay anymore and unless the price drops back down I wont be ordering again.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
Trader Rating - 100%
26   0   0
  need BRAKES? PM me
More than likely they put their price up when they realised they have just given the discs away at not much more than cost as they haven't checked/updated their cost and sell prices for a couple of years tbh. They have both gone up but I have kept them the same for you lot

Just so people know for future I will try price match any genuine like for like quote on these and any other brakes. Ie they must physically have stock and send them on courier. Cheers!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Renault Clio 172 cup
I did check against your pricelist that you sent me the other day George but didnt think you'd be able to pricematch at £38 delivered. I will however be coming to you for my trackpads in the very near future.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
Trader Rating - 100%
26   0   0
  need BRAKES? PM me
If it was a genuine like and like I'd have tried, thing is that place has realised they've messed up and put the price up to £50. Them and others will just "mass list" things and leave them for years you see.

No worries Dean, just PM me if you ever need anything

Guy

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've ordered from az parts a few year ago, they were supposed to be sending Mintex brakes and sent some allied Nippon stuff. When I questioned them they started getting shitty telling me they are similar etc. eventually managed to get them returned and refunded. Would never use again.