ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

E3 2013

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah I'm kinda getting the "meh" feeling myself now.

Gutted.

I'm sure things will change when we start seeing more game trailers etc (for example, I'd only buy BF4 and say, Watch Dogs on next gen - I'm not paying for the current gen versions and then the next gen when they come out).

But at the moment I'm a bit annoyed at the XBO getting loads of grief when in reality, it really won't affect me as much as it clearly is a lot of other people.

As long as my mates are on XBL and playing the same games like they are now, I'm cool.

If they all switch to a PS4 and go down that route, that's ok too, as I'll still buy one and play it regardless.

In the meatime, Last of Us on Friday and still got GTA V to absolutely rinse when it arrives on the scene too.

Evo 5 RS
I managed to find time to get in a bit of Uncharted 3 yesterday, still not even completed that lol. Neither Bioshock Infinite yet. f**k life

AK

M240i
I'm with Scutch, I don't see why people in here are fussed about it. How long have you been without a net connection?

It wasn't a counter argument. It was a tongue in cheek comment about people stating they only want physical media yet the Apple Appstore is one of the most successful software stores in existence. All digital, no complaints.

But that's based on a phone which always has a data connection.

If Joe Blogs buys an Xbox one and doesn't have wifi, what's he supposed to do?

Final post in here. Any further stuff will be in the Xbox One thread. This isn't going to turn people around but we are still a long way off release and it is the start of clarifying some of the decisions.

http://uk.gamespot.com/e3/microsoft-responds-to-xbox-one-backlash-this-isnt-a-sprint-6409849/

I may be biased but I think anyone that loves online gaming that is going to switch to a PS4 because of stuff they have read in the press are being too hasty. Plus the grass isn't always greener...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/...p-to-third-party-publishers-says-sony-e3.html

Evo 5 RS
They're just leaving the door open? Certainly greener on the other side in that instance. Anyway, E3 is about games not the platforms, tired of hearing about DRM. It's only ever going to go one way, nothing anyone can do about it.

They're just leaving the door open? Certainly greener on the other side in that instance. Anyway, E3 is about games not the platforms, tired of hearing about DRM. It's only ever going to go one way, nothing anyone can do about it.
Agree, hence why I will post further in the Xbox thread.

BG Clio 182
Another highlight of E3 a new DLC for the walking dead game as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Response from Microsoft Xbox Executive Don Mattrick regarding internet connection required for the Xbox One.

[video=youtube_share;jzmVcasl3ZU]http://youtu.be/jzmVcasl3ZU[/video]

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Response from Microsoft Xbox Executive Don Mattrick regarding internet connection required for the Xbox One.

[video=youtube_share;jzmVcasl3ZU]http://youtu.be/jzmVcasl3ZU[/video]

No longer available, what did he say?

MK3 GTI golf 16v
Pretty much that if you don't have the Internet just keep your 360. Which is fair enough, the future of gaming is going to be ram off the Internet with the cloud so it's pretty necassery. Ps4 will let you play offline yes, but I doubt it always will, on a few years when games get further advanced they'll need online to run

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
From that then, everyone who owns a xbone/(PS4 in the future?) must have to have extremely fast broadband to game. I can't see future games running off 2mbs speed. I live in a reasonably small village and get around 7mbs, not great I know, but some places barely get 2! Will everyone have fiber by then? Doubt it.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
Yeah for rural parts it's pretty s**t, gonna be a few years till it becomes necassery I would say though, when games start getting even bigger and more advanced

Unfortunately for you mate they make it for the masses and as good as they can, most of their customers aren't in the UK and most otherplaces have far better Internet on average than the uk

I have 100mb fibre optic but I live in the city, god knows how long it will take to cover the country with fibre optic

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I'm going to give the Xbox One a go.

Ultimately the games will do the talking.

The PS4 controller is terrible.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Either that or PS won't bother with "must have internet" until the next gen. I think it will all depend on how MS fairs with this as I can see them reverting back to no online check-ins.
I'll rock the PS3 until I get the 4. Xbox has never really interested me really so the whole net connection isn't my problem. I just think its a massive mistake and will truly dent their sales.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Never heard of last of us until now, ordered it anyway, reviews sound good and if its half as good as uncharted it will be worthwhile.

dk

911 GTS Cab
From what I've see it's not though, they have updated the triggers to be more like the Xbox (something everyone always complains about), we don't know the weight (people complain its too light, something I can't understand as in comparison I think the 360 one is a bit bulky and heavy. ).

Its also got a touchpad, will be interesting to see what they do with that and how it gets used in games.

I just don't think you can write off something that needs to be held before holding it.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
From what I've see it's not though, they have updated the triggers to be more like the Xbox (something everyone always complains about), we don't know the weight (people complain its too light, something I can't understand as in comparison I think the 360 one is a bit bulky and heavy. ).

Its also got a touchpad, will be interesting to see what they do with that and how it gets used in games.

I just don't think you can write off something that needs to be held before holding it.

Or the fact the thumb sticks are in the wrong place?

dk

911 GTS Cab
Or the fact the thumb sticks are in the wrong place?
how can they be in the wrong place, my thumbs are in the same place on both hands, and the controller is the same shape on both parts your hands hold (as is the 360 controller), so surely the thumb sticks should be in the same place too, seems logical to me, how do you justify them being in odd places?

are you inbred and so your thumb is in-between your 4th and 3rd fingers?

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
how can they be in the wrong place, my thumbs are in the same place on both hands, and the controller is the same shape on both parts your hands hold (as is the 360 controller), so surely the thumb sticks should be in the same place too, seems logical to me, how do you justify them being in odd places?

are you inbred and so your thumb is in-between your 4th and 3rd fingers?

I find the sticks (left one in particular) too low down the pad (hardly use the right stick).

Reviews look positive but it doesn't sound as though many have actually managed to get their mitts on one.

And no I'm not inbred but I did fcuk your mum ;)

dk

911 GTS Cab
Sorry but I just don't buy it, I pick up both controllers and after 2 seconds I've never thought that either has the analogue sticks in the wrong place, you just adapt to whichever is in your hand.

I reallydontnsee what the problem is with the analogues. The triggers I can see, the ps3 ones were not as good but I got a set of extensions on the front of a magazine once and they are now perfect, and this is something they've changed on the new controller to make them more like the Xbox one.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah for rural parts it's pretty s**t, gonna be a few years till it becomes necassery I would say though, when games start getting even bigger and more advanced

Unfortunately for you mate they make it for the masses and as good as they can, most of their customers aren't in the UK and most otherplaces have far better Internet on average than the uk

I have 100mb fibre optic but I live in the city, god knows how long it will take to cover the country with fibre optic

I'm fucked where I live then as I don't even get 2!! Luckily I'm moving out end of the year so should get better but what a load of s**t, so pretty much plenty people that might actually want these consoles would be wasting there time as they need a fast internet connection.