ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

E3 Gaming Expo 2015 Thread

Honda. Tesla Someday
Hello @mace¬
In response to your question, yes the SCUF buttons are the buttons on the back of the controller. 'Pro' players find that these buttons allow you to react faster in games. For casual gaming though, they're not really needed. Another benefit of the new 'Elite Controller' though is that the bumpers are now a lot better (easier to press), the thumbsticks are changeable, as is the d-pad - all to suit you and your gaming style. The buttons can be remapped as well. I am also pretty sure that improvements have been made to the triggers and the general accuracy all round. I hope this helps.

Moving on, regarding Backwards Compatibility.
This launched yesterday for Preview Program members (I am a member). Right now there is a limited selection of 360 games you can play on the Xbox One. The way it works is quite special. You pop your 360 game in to your Xbox One, and if that game is supported to be played on the Xbox One, your console then downloads a digital copy of the game. The game is then added to your games library, together with any 'Cloud' saves you have from your 360. The game has its own box art etc and looks 'nice' in your Xbox One games library. Now, when you wish to play the game, the Xbox 360 game disc must be in your Xbox One. You launch the game, this in turn launches a virtual Xbox 360 on your Xbox One. The virtual console then runs the 360 game (remember, its not running from the disc, the disc is only there to prove you own the game).
Now, when playing a 360 game on your Xbox One, pressing the 'guide' button will bring up the familiar Xbox 360 menu. You can chat to and message Xbox 360 players as if you were playing on a 360! Any achievements you earn will go towards your gamerscore but will count as Xbox 360 achievements. Saying that, you can still Snap TV, multitask and even stream to twitch! You can also take screenshots and record gameplay! So its an Xbox 360 running a 360 game on your Xbox One with all the features of a 360 WITH all the features of the Xbox One combined! See what I mean when I said special?

So now you may ask: "what about all my DIGITAL download games on my 360? are they now stuck in limbo?"

The answer is No. Lets say for example you have Tomb Raider downloaded on your 360 as a digital download. Once Tomb Raider becomes available as a 'backwards compatible' game, it will automatically appear on your Xbox One as a download. You can then launch it as a 360 game and play as normal.

This costs the developers of the game nothing at all, all they have to do is say yes to Microsoft making the game available on Xbox One and MS does all the work. As long as you own the game disc or have the game downloaded digitally, it costs you Nothing! Pretty damn cool!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Hello @mace¬
In response to your question, yes the SCUF buttons are the buttons on the back of the controller. 'Pro' players find that these buttons allow you to react faster in games. For casual gaming though, they're not really needed. Another benefit of the new 'Elite Controller' though is that the bumpers are now a lot better (easier to press), the thumbsticks are changeable, as is the d-pad - all to suit you and your gaming style. The buttons can be remapped as well. I am also pretty sure that improvements have been made to the triggers and the general accuracy all round. I hope this helps.

Moving on, regarding Backwards Compatibility.
This launched yesterday for Preview Program members (I am a member). Right now there is a limited selection of 360 games you can play on the Xbox One. The way it works is quite special. You pop your 360 game in to your Xbox One, and if that game is supported to be played on the Xbox One, your console then downloads a digital copy of the game. The game is then added to your games library, together with any 'Cloud' saves you have from your 360. The game has its own box art etc and looks 'nice' in your Xbox One games library. Now, when you wish to play the game, the Xbox 360 game disc must be in your Xbox One. You launch the game, this in turn launches a virtual Xbox 360 on your Xbox One. The virtual console then runs the 360 game (remember, its not running from the disc, the disc is only there to prove you own the game).
Now, when playing a 360 game on your Xbox One, pressing the 'guide' button will bring up the familiar Xbox 360 menu. You can chat to and message Xbox 360 players as if you were playing on a 360! Any achievements you earn will go towards your gamerscore but will count as Xbox 360 achievements. Saying that, you can still Snap TV, multitask and even stream to twitch! You can also take screenshots and record gameplay! So its an Xbox 360 running a 360 game on your Xbox One with all the features of a 360 WITH all the features of the Xbox One combined! See what I mean when I said special?

So now you may ask: "what about all my DIGITAL download games on my 360? are they now stuck in limbo?"

The answer is No. Lets say for example you have Tomb Raider downloaded on your 360 as a digital download. Once Tomb Raider becomes available as a 'backwards compatible' game, it will automatically appear on your Xbox One as a download. You can then launch it as a 360 game and play as normal.

This costs the developers of the game nothing at all, all they have to do is say yes to Microsoft making the game available on Xbox One and MS does all the work. As long as you own the game disc or have the game downloaded digitally, it costs you Nothing! Pretty damn cool!

2 questions, my MS fanboy friend :)

1. How come you're a Preview member? What hoops did you have to jump through to join?

2. Is there a list of available 360 games that are backwards compatible yet? (The Preview ones, I mean).

Honda. Tesla Someday
2 questions, my MS fanboy friend :smile:

1. How come you're a Preview member? What hoops did you have to jump through to join?

2. Is there a list of available 360 games that are backwards compatible yet? (The Preview ones, I mean).

There is a difference between 'fanboy' and 'fan'. LoL. I have a PS1, PS2, PS3, Xbox, 360, Xbox One and Gaming rig. I love gaming. However, I fell for the Microsoft exclusives. I don't have anything against the Playstation, I love the Uncharted series and The Last of Us etc! However I do have a few issues with Sony. Lets not get in to that though.

1: Its invite only yes, however I didnt jump through hoops. I was invited by a friend of mine - simple. lol

2: I'll have a look after work. 😌

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
There is a difference between 'fanboy' and 'fan'. LoL. I have a PS1, PS2, PS3, Xbox, 360, Xbox One and Gaming rig. I love gaming. However, I fell for the Microsoft exclusives. I don't have anything against the Playstation, I love the Uncharted series and The Last of Us etc! However I do have a few issues with Sony. Lets not get in to that though.

1: Its invite only yes, however I didnt jump through hoops. I was invited by a friend of mine - simple. lol

2: I'll have a look after work. 😌

Haha, don't take me seriously mate :)

As for the list, I found it online. Not great so far!

1.8 Civic EX
Someone say backwards compatibility? :wink:

If you go to the my games and apps tab, then games and scroll across to "ready to install" it shows the games you have owned (digitally) so you can download them on the one. As above, preview members only for now though. Shame you need the disc still for those you didn't own digitally as I traded all mine in :(

IMG_20150616_174416.jpg

Last edited:

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Dark Souls 3, fackin yes.

Aren't people bored of war/future based FPS games yet? I went Sony this gen because all MS seemed to be backing was more and more FPS games; COD, Halo, Ghost Recon, Fallout, Rainbow Six, Gears of War... I was a bit disappointed that almost a decade on or however long it's been, MS seems to be still flogging the same series of games it was back when the 360 came out to drive sales. I guess if you're a huge loyalist to a series like Halo then it's gonna get your custom, but I personally favour variety and change.

Backward compatibility is a big one potentially, I think it's certainly something people will want or think they want regardless of whether they actually need and/or will use it once they have it. But I would like it so if I choose to enter a gaming series once we're already at the third or fourth game I could play the earlier titles to fully engage in the story and history. I actually prefer the PlayStation Now model, but hopefully with MS doing this, Sony will reconsider the pricing strategy and actually get their arse in gear and start making it happen.

FF remake is great news. Was also a bit giddy when I heard they've recreated areas from the original Star Wars trilogy in Battlefront.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Dark Souls 3, fackin yes.

Aren't people bored of war/future based FPS games yet? I went Sony this gen because all MS seemed to be backing was more and more FPS games; COD, Halo, Ghost Recon, Fallout, Rainbow Six, Gears of War...

COD - also on Playstation - it was actually on the Sony conference not the Microsoft conference.
Halo - One of the biggest franchises in gaming history - fair enough mainly FPS.
Ghost Recon - also on Playstation - Not an FPS.
Fallout - one of the most popular games ever - also on Playstation.
Rainbow Six - also on Playstation.
Gears of War - not an FPS.

The Xbox One has 7 exclusives coming out this year alone. More than any other console.

I hope Xbox doesn't adopt the playstation now model. Running games natively will always perform better than streaming a game over the Internet. It's also completely free, psNow is not.

Last edited:

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
This doesn't seem to be getting much coverage but I'm absolutely loving the look of this game... (video below) After playing through Ori and the Blind Forest (several times) and Limbo (a while back) I am always on the lookout for a decent platformer. This one could fit the bill nicely and the styling looks superb, as do the game mechanics.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
This doesn't seem to be getting much coverage but I'm absolutely loving the look of this game... (video below) After playing through Ori and the Blind Forest (several times) and Limbo (a while back) I am always on the lookout for a decent platformer. This one could fit the bill nicely and the styling looks superb, as do the game mechanics.

That looks brilliant tbf. Reminds of the John Lewis ad's at christmas

Doom related...

f**k me sideways....... I'm blown away.

To be honest "next gen" gaming has been a complete disappointment to me so far.... to a degree, nothing more than fancier looking 360 games.

This doom is how I envisaged next gen. Not just the graphics but the way it plays, so fluid and more real looking with the attzcks/kills. Jaw dropping stuff.

Not a fan of mine craft, but that holo lens! Wow!

Battlefront 2 looks bonkers too. Proper next gen also. I loved playing some of the older star wars games. Jedi knight etc. The sounds are superb!

I'm actually excited about gaming again. Haven't been in years! [emoji106]

Honda. Tesla Someday
Killer Instinct announced for PC!

If you already own it on Xbox One, you automatically own it on windows! Your game saves also carry over to the PC version AND you can cross play with Xbox One players! You can even use your Xbox One fight stick on the PC!

Excellent news!!!

Mito Sportiva 135
Has anyone else seen the new Transformers: Devastator game being made by Platinum (who make the amazing Bayonetta series)? Looks bloody awesome - great G1 artwork and cell-shaded graphics. Hopefully the game is fun too, looks like a 3rd person roaming beat em up, but I could be wrong.

A4 Avant & A3
Did I read somewhere, that you'll be able to play xbox live games on an xbox one with users on xbox 360??
I can't find anything about it now... might have dreamt it.
It'd be good as I bought my lad an xbox one but his friends have 360s (I didn't see the point in buying old tech)

A4 Avant & A3
I'll keep quiet about that for now then,... along with not telling him we already have xbox live lol
But good to know for if the time comes. no doubt i'd have to sit through more and more minecraft then! (although I've been secretly having a go myself recently)

Mito Sportiva 135
And when Hololens comes out, you can project the Minecraft world over your whole room! Looks pretty amazing

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I'll keep quiet about that for now then,... along with not telling him we already have xbox live lol
But good to know for if the time comes. no doubt i'd have to sit through more and more minecraft then! (although I've been secretly having a go myself recently)
Careful... that Minecraft can really suck you in. I know of many people who have succumbed to it's charms...!

And when Hololens comes out, you can project the Minecraft world over your whole room! Looks pretty amazing
I'm quite interested and excited about the potential application for Hololens; both for gaming and other things. We're currently trying to sort out some developer kits for work.

Watching that Battlefront video makes me wish they'd do another Rogue Squadron game
That would be awesome. :)

LY 200 EDC LUX
Looking forward to Just cause 3 after watching the vids.

Clocked up well over 200 hours on just cause 2, epic game!

1.8 Civic EX
New Need for Speed actually looks rather good! Will have to turn off that odd drifting camera angle though....

Mito Sportiva 135
Think my list of games I'm getting as a result of E3:

- Fallout 4
- Star Wars Battlefront
- Transformers Devastation
- Halo 5
- new Mass Effect (although this is probably a long way off)

The Division doesn't look as exciting as it once did though so will reserve judgement for that game