ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

E85 3.0 Z4 Roadster Project

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
You're still an idiot.

I have got ORANGE INDICATOR, SILVER LENSED, XENON headlights.

Exactly the same looks wise as what I have, but xenon. Sorted.

8613232107_b7c99498bd_c.png

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
So, I canny stop modifying it seems.

Bumper and skirts, they're the OEM BMW Aero kit. Found a good deal on them, quite rare to come up TBH.

What do we think.

Mine is as above, the aero kit looks like this:

Aerokit03.jpg

Skirts are alright. Front bumper is complete AIDS. The ///M front end would go well though.

Also, the hardtop looks mentally out of place on that. It's f**king massive!

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
It's the hardtop that looks completely wrong!

Front bumper and skirts would look much better if the hardtop wasn't there.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
No matter what ya'll say the skirts look amazing, if I find a picture on a //M you'll all be creaming. It's irrelevant for now as I missed it, but nevermind.

Anyway, in the interest of keeping this updated:

I've fitted new wheels:

Friend of TEG's picked them up from somewhere north of The Gap (was a bit grim IIRC) and popped them to mine on Friday night.

8644029178_1af73d4e3d_c.jpg

Wheelz at night by evil_giraffes_rule, on Flickr

Went over to Bobby J's to pick them up and we swapped my 108s, cleaned the 108's up and sold them the same day to a local guy for a decent figure and went out for a hoon. (New wheels are BMW 224's, effectively z4m roadster wheels, and quite rare)

8649017811_7569be2877_c.jpg

Slave at work by evil_giraffes_rule, on Flickr

8649014915_d440fc498a_c.jpg

New boots by evil_giraffes_rule, on Flickr

Eventually went to a Tesco car park after lights out (other supermarket car parks are available) TEG showed me how to pedal a camera. First thing to remember is to bring a memory card....... :coffee:

Anyway... TEG's pics:

8649998028_41e7e68cdc_c.png

The Zed Arrows by evil_giraffes_rule, on Flickr

8649997544_e64bcd04ee_c.jpg

The Zed by evil_giraffes_rule, on Flickr

8649995990_527757c229_c.jpg

Zedarse by evil_giraffes_rule, on Flickr

I also managed to source a Wind deflector for a decent price, I hate drilling into any car especially in a place where if you f**k it up, it's a very expensive replacement.

The deflector:

8745649350_857f966e06_c.png

The drilled bracket (if this isn't mm perfect the b*****d thing doesn't fit):

8744529323_8fff83ac98_c.png

In place: It just clips in and out and can clip into a bracket on the underside of the boot lid for storage as it does slightly obscure the rear view :cool:

8744529711_17bb39e63e_c.png

Coming up is xenons, and once I've robbed a bank an //M multifunction steering wheel. After that I'm unsure.

Last edited:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Well, I just wanted to update this a bit and say how awesome the z4 forum is.

Next month I'm meeting with a bunch of members at someones workshop.

One of the guys has made a load of clear indicators, and is sorting us out cheap, he's then showing us all the way through how to change them over. So I'll now have facelift Xenon units basically.

Whilst he's doing this, the guy who's lights he'll be showing us through on will be making him a quad exhaust in the workshop (he's a fabricator). The same fabricator is then building a bracket for my brembos and in return I'm supplying him with a set of the custom brake lines I'm getting so he can use some of his brackets and my lines and do the same conversion on the cheap.

What an awesome community (I'm amazed it's not just this place that's awesome TBH).

So yeah, by the end of June I should have some big ass brakes and clear lensed xenon headlights.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Skirts would look awesome with an M front bumper. That aero front bumper needs to melt in all the fire.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

I'll do clear side indicators and hopefully a facelift front bumper as I won't be able to afford/find an //M.

The whole car will look newer and still OEM. If I don't like them I'll easily be able to sell for a profit and change back to orange.

Skirts would look awesome with an M front bumper. That aero front bumper needs to melt in all the fire.

I'd love an //M bumper, but rare/expensive doesn't even come close. Like diamond encrusted rocking horse s**t.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
All around. As per the facelift. The front end will eventually look like this:

2006-BMW-Z4-M-Roadster-Silver-SA-1280x960.jpg

If I decide I don't like them, I'll just go back to orange indicators and pocket £150 or so by doing a direct swap with someone with pre facelift xenon units.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Everything about the facelift is worse aside from the rear lights.

The front end looks so weak compared to yours. :dapprove:

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
So. I told you it would look gash. You said you weren't doing it and we're keeping the indicators. Now you've found a cheap way to do it and are going to go ahead and ruin the car.

I'm out.

Listerine & Poledo
Looks good, can't see the problem.

I'm sure if you got it to continually drag its sump across the tarmac then there'd be 97% less hate.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
LOL! You're all making me very unsure. So much so I've come up with a different idea.

I'm going to rip apart my current headlights and do this. They've already got condensation inside the lens BADLY from an issue I had an fixed (but you can't get into the lens and clean them) and are only halogens so it's worth a go. If I like them I can fit HID's and run them, if I don't, I can sell them on for much monies.

I can't believe the facelift bumper is hated on though, it's a million times better than mine. Literally. It may be that picture, but the facelift bumper is so far superior, it really loses a lot of the age of the car. I'd obviously still have black grilles, but maybe I'll keep the orange.

I've also had a kind offer a quad exhaust to be made, so that's now a possibility too, but something I'm very unsure on.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Quad exhaust with OEM tips on each side could look good.

​Front bumper I'm a little indifferent on but the lights MUST have orange in them otherwise the front looks washed out.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Quad exhaust with OEM tips on each side could look good.

​Front bumper I'm a little indifferent on but the lights MUST have orange in them otherwise the front looks washed out.

They won't be OEM tips (as they're just chrome coated crap) they will be the same diameter as the //M tips and just stainless steel. I'll hunt out a picture.

Excuse the picture, but they'll be this style, all be it half a or quarter inch smaller..

46E9D466-664E-4C65-BF36-DB2B5A6466A1-1109-0000020F374CDCFE_zps38b7fbd7.jpg