ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eagle F1’s On Mk2 172, Prices inside.

320d M Sport

Well you know what I mean! After finally wasting my Contis (7500 miles!!!!!:confused::mad:) Ive been ringing for prices on 2 new 195/45/16 Goodyear Eagle F1, so heres the prices... (by the way I did get prices right up to £115 EACH!!!)

South West Tyres-01275 335 838.

They Wanted £85 each. Turned out to be the dearest quote...

Elite-01708 525 577

They were V helpful, polite and would do them for £69 each delivered to your door...

Micheldever-01962 774 437

Id never heard of em either but got the number from the Saxosports boys.... price was £72 each, not delivered...

AP Tyres-01709 523 827

Cheers to Rhys for this (I owe you a pint mate!) They were cheapest and had the tyres already in stock, they will do them for £68 each.

Looks like Im off to AP Tyres (nr Sheffield) on Saturday then, would have thought itll only be a few quid to get the tyres on and balanced?? I tried loads of places to get the new Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD-3 but they dont make the tyre in the 172 fitment yet (ie 195/45/16) so Ill settle for the older style. I also emailed about 8 places and only got 2 replies, 1 from mytyres.net (wouldnt sell me goodyear for some reason?) and HiQ tyres.

Phew, looking forward to Saturday now when i can finally turn, steer and drive properly again...:D

Paddy

kwik fit and charlie browns both refused to fit the toyo proxy tyres i bought at trax, they said we can only fit tyres we supply, they said we cany garuentee them. in the end i offered cash to the guy at charlie browns to fit them no receipt. so the money went in his back pocket but it didnt matter to me.

320d M Sport

thats ridiculous!!!! Can you believe that there was NOWHERE at the motorshow to buy tyres? I mean Cmon MOTORSHOW!!! Youd think Demon Tweeks or one of the big hitters would have been there?

Paddy

space at the motorshow is VERY expensive a stand selling cheap tyres wouldnt make any money as they take up loads of space so you wouldnt be able to stock many.

320d M Sport

True, but we (Carole Nash) have a stand there for our bike shows (starting this week) and you see all the small traders taking orders for tyres, lids, clothing etc. I thought that they would have done something like that?

Paddy

ps-How ace was that MG???? Phew

320d M Sport

bump for Matt!! In the end i got my Toyos from Revolution for £65 each delivered, they were here in 2 days and the staff were excellent, v friendly.

2012 WRX Waggon

paddy - did u try Costco?

they normally sell the wonderfully grippy Maybor Marshalls, but can order tyres - usually miches.

ps - They are selling a GALLON of Wonderwheels, for less than a tenner.

paul.

CTR EK9 turbo

I dont know about mk.2 16 inch Goodyear Eagle F1s but for me they cost something like £45 a corner from Micheldever. It cost my friend with his pulsar £200 for all of his wheels shod in Eagle F1s 195/50 R15 and a wheel allignment check and balance etc. from Micheldevers. Its a bit of a treck to get there but if you do go you save loads. You have to cue up for ages tho if you go at the wrong time like I usually seem to end up doing!