ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eagle F1’s

I can get these for the same price as the contis. Are they better:-

in the wet ?

in the dry ?

cornering at speed ?

BMW Z4 2.5si Sport

cant say whether they are better than the contis... but just put 2 Eagle F1s on my Williams 200 miles ago, and my Fez ran on them when it had the 15s and had no complaints :D

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by swelch on 21 October 2003

I can get these for the same price as the contis. Are they better:-

in the wet ?

in the dry ?

cornering at speed ?
Hell yes...

Thanks for the info.

I was concerned of all the talk about the Contis being the best for the CUP. I fitted 2 conti Contact as replacements a couple of months ago abd they are slightly different to ther ones that came with the car.

Originals have 4 radial rings and the replacements with all the same tyre maring have 5 radial rings.

As such there is less rubber on the road and it seems to drift more on fast corners now. I have lost at least 5 MPH round some known fast corners (70mph).

So any thoughts ???

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

see if they are gsd2 or gsd3 goodyear tyres if its the gsd3 they are sooooo good, but cost loads, gsd2s are very good also, wicked in the wet, when i had em on my 15s i found if u went in to a roundabout or corner quick they tend to skip or bounce a little when they start to loose grip....

gsd3s i had no problem with but they wear stupidly fast i have falkens now, and im really pleased with them, good in wet and dry, dont wear to quick and the sidewall leans in more, so easier for my 17s to fit :D