ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eagle F1 quick tread wear??!

Clio 182 cup
I've just taken my 182 for its first MOT, on which it's failed due to the 2 back tyres not having enough tread but the thing i'm more concerned about is the fact they pointed out that the front 2 tyres are nearly at the legal limit. I only replaced them 9 months ago with goodyear eagle f1s and done 7k miles since. i havent exactly been ragging my car, if anything i'd say i've been driving pretty moderately. does anyone think that this is excessive wear as i do?

I've had a look at the tread and they dont seem too bad to me so i'm not sure if they were trying it on but didnt think kwickfit were the type of people that would try that sort of thing.

they've also quoted me £230 to replace the back 2 with f1s which is way over the top. only problem that i have is that if i dont get them replaced quickly then i'm gonna have to pay another £45 for a new mot. does anyone have any reccomendations for what tyres to stick on the back? cant really afford exaltos and i'm gagey about getting f1s again if i'm only going to have to replace them every 7k or so.

Cheers

RenaultSport clio 172 CUP
Kwik fit are robbing Cu*ts.

£230 to replace two back tyres.

Ring around mate I paid £250.0O for 1F's on all four corners.