ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

easy one - handbrake cable

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
right my handbrake cable snapped (on one side if thats possible?!) last night. im off on holiday tomoro so shall i attempt to fix it tonight or is there some renault bonus that makes it harder than my old 205 gti to fix? or is it dead easy?

Lionel Richie
its not hard

undo the adjuster (under the handbrake cover inside the car 10mm nut

remove heat shild above exhaust (centre one)

unhook knackered cable

replace

re tighten adjuster (handbreak should be around 4 clicks til fully on)

be warned, when one cable goes, the other normally soon follows! approx £35 per cable

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
24 for pass side, 32 for drivers from renault.
they made from gold or something?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
yeah i gave em my reg. u werent wrong tho theyre still 35 cos i need drivers side i think! choked.
just rang up a cheap motor factors nr mine back home and they say £11.50 per side but i think they quotin the 1.2 prices?! cant be much different tho can it its just a cable?!

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
^^^Agreed, its set from the factory and needs no adjustment through out its life.

Volvo S60 T5
your local motor factors should be able to supply the cable for around 16 quid.
thats if you dont mind non-gen parts.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
i dont mind if its made from string as long as it works. forget how much u need a handbrake until they break!

yes fred that one, pull a rear pad out and do it that way, saves a lot of hasle and so called experts f**k the cars up by twatting around with the adjuster.