ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EBC Greenstuff

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i use green stuff on my cars and do 5 or 6 30 to 10mph runs then maby another 5 80-10/20mph runs to bed them in.

just keep moving when doing it dont do 30-0mph hard stops or 80-0mph stops

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
It seems alot of people on cliosport like to bed in their brakes by hard braking a few times and ive seen quite alot of threads about knackered pads/discs. I tend to brake quite lightly for a hundred miles or so before i give it some hard braking and ive never had any problems with my brakes.

PH1 172 Sport
As said just going easy on the brakes for a couple of hundred miles is the best way to bed them in

How do you think race cars bed their pads in???

Using them hard, just gotta know what you're doing, ignorance is what f***s pads/discs, like chinese whispers, a mrethod gets bounced around so much important bits get missed out, or bits changed

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
Bedding brakes in lightly wont do them any harm and seems a heck of alot safer and better method than stomping on the brakes, no chinese whispers about that. Im not saying it doesnt work, just going from my experiences and the sensible choice of not taking the risk of bedding them in too hard.

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
I had a friend who fitted new disc and pads, then he went out and did a series of 100-0 stops! Much to his suprise his disc's warped and he glazed the pads making them useless, idiot.

Just slowlt bed them in first.

Discs and pads need to mold to each other, therefore do a couple of hundred miles of pootling about to wear them into shape.

Then do a few good hard slowing exercises (not stops where you then sit on the pedal as that'll warp the dics), like Martin_89 said, to properly bed the pads in.

It does make all the difference.