ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ecotek & Power Boost Valves

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER
i wanted to say this in another thread but i did'nt
gonna say it here tho....
LOL at taxi two

if you wanted a job in my garage......i'd pay you to stay at home!!

Want message I want to pass is that, don't just say "They're crap" only and ignore some successful stories. I understood, you some may have some bad experience on them. I do believe this and actually, I would like to investigate it, for my own interest, but it seems too far aways from me. If so, why not give the one who ask this question initially a try? Why not telling them one-sided conclusion and ignore the positive results? Even if it proven it's work measured by the equipment, but cannot be felt by the drivers on the difference before and after installing so, do you think it's meaningful and what the buyer want?

Renault clio Mk1 1.8 16v
my valver has a power boost valve...it was fited and tuned by rolling road and the difference was definatley noticable..but a year on its running like a bag of hammers overfueling and idling terriblely...had the valve retuned and its back to normal but to be honest i wouldnt bother...

Renault Clio 1.8 16v
apparently these things blow the injectors after a while especially if you crack the pressure right up to like 4bar. causes the injectors to leak causing sky high emissions.

Lets all bear in mind that NO WHERE reports these as power increase tuning items, FSE report next to no power increase <1 BHP, they state that in situations where an increased fuel pressure is required such as high boosting turbos an FSE is proven to provide a more steady fuel supply which makes sense why it doesnt work on a 1.4 :D

Mwah x

Last edited:
  throttle bodied mk2 172
ecotek valve really works if you remap your piggyback chip after the installation.throttle response is better.and also i noticed more g-force at top end

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
No offence mate, but I think you are an actual r****d, I think you are very uneducated and thus is impeding you to have a creative argument. Your lack of knowledge and IQ shows through on your first sentence. As a suggestion, go back to school and gain some GCSEs, aim for the 3 major ones, ask to be fast tracked, it may only take you 4 years then.

Everyone else listen to BenR, they are both utter pish.

Taxi Two said:
Want message I want to pass is that, don't just say "They're crap" only and ignore some successful stories. I understood, you some may have some bad experience on them. I do believe this and actually, I would like to investigate it, for my own interest, but it seems too far aways from me. If so, why not give the one who ask this question initially a try? Why not telling them one-sided conclusion and ignore the positive results? Even if it proven it's work measured by the equipment, but cannot be felt by the drivers on the difference before and after installing so, do you think it's meaningful and what the buyer want?
See what I mean^^^^^^^^
ahmet said:
ecotek valve really works if you remap your piggyback chip after the installation.throttle response is better.and also i noticed more g-force at top end
What the f**k drugs have you been taking this morning, g-force??lol wtf, get in taxiTwos taxi mate

None
Im going to be fitting a fse power boost valve on my 1.2 with a valver fuel pump soon and will let you all know how it goes. If the injectors go suppose I can change them or change it back to normal ;)

i fitted an ecotec to my car. it went from 25mpg to 89 mpg and it was 3x as fast to 100. and i'm not lying

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I had a power boost valve on my pug 306 s16 , it was shite , it fcuked up the engine management and put it into limp mode because it was over fuelling , and it was set up on a rolling road . I took it back and got a full refund .

Don't waste your time or money .

If i was you Trish i'd do what eviljohn says and flog it on ebay ;)

RenaultSport clio 172 mk1
Explanation = you got not idea what you are talking about

Mechanical fact = mecahnical! fact not some dream of an advertising guru! and the easy cash of a sucker!