ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ecotek Valve

Where does it fit?

Ive got a 1.2 mk1 phase 3. Currently got full s/s ehaust from cat back and k&N induction kit, would it make a difference in performance having the ecotek valve?

I installed it and found the throttle responds is much better and the low end torque and high end power improve a little bit and also, it can save fuel at a round 10% on mine

lol, do a search...loads written about Ecotek. Some love it, some think its a bit of useless plumbers piping for £50 (like me ;))

I used it on my Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV and now, on my clio. Both did a great job. Lower the emission and pass MOT, even its decatted. Save fuel and much improvement on the low end torque. As your know that, the compression ratio of turbo cars are relative low, 8.8:1 vs. 11.8:1. Especially after fitting mushroom air filter and fatter exhaust, the low end torque will decrease. Once you retune the Ecotek and the low end torque come back and really save fuel and provide good throttle respond.

We should make it clear whats the main purpose of the device ? If its tuned properly ? If you hate the noise without considering the true purpose of installing this device nor considering if its properly tuned, you should not have them fitted.

I have had one on my last car and have only now removed it from valver. On the first car i was convinced it made a difference to fuel consumption and power but i have now removed it from my fairly modified valver and have noticed no difference in mpg - TBH my mpg has increased now its gone.

I think theyre more a case of "if you think itll improve the car then youll be convinced it will"....

May dad has one on his 1.2 van as well and its a similar situation!

I count the fuel consumption of my car of each fuel of tank once I got the car in hand. Log down the mod and so I know how the parts added on the car affect the performance and fuel consumption

wallzyuk, have you bought the Ecotek yet ?? I have a virtually un-used one you can buy off me if you want ??