ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EcoTek Valves

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Paddy Slarty shot them down a while back, I still rate mine...

Rik IMHO they seem to work so I am not complaining mate.

crap product, crap claims, crap results.....not worth it....

drill a hole in your inlet manifold......it creates the same air leak.

many will argue its good, it works, some will say its so stupid how can you not see it.......but just dont waste your money.....go buy a couple burgers or something.

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

BenR you need to be able to control the amount of air going into the chamber with the Ecotek it gives you that control.

haha..... I really cant see how it would improve performance.... If it made cars more ecconomical and give more power wouldnt they use them on race cars??

BMW 320d Sport

There is no doubting that if you can achieve a better burn, should I say more efficient burn, then youre going to increase fuel economy and performance. Not both at the same time though, but you can have one or the other which is definitely worth having. The question is, does the Ecotek improve the air/fuel mixture and thus improve the burn?

I think that it does,Ive seen mpg results on mine that confirm it and it certainly felt more lively when I fitted it ( a long time ago!). So thats my opinion, and Im sticking with it. On my inlet manifold it seems to work, thats not to say it will work on every car because I think its got to be dependent on the position where the small amount of air is injected. you decide for yourself anyway.

Nick, i think there are far too many variables to limit to manifod design...the fact that i bleeds soo little.....it just cant affect the lnear airflow in the manifold...and inducing swirl..please!

well, lets say its like blowing into a strom through a straw hoping to move it round your nicely polished car......i.e. impossible...but some still have a go

I havent, though i will. I was told the reason its not fitted is because of the noise it makes, but you can get silencers. Also you cant have more performace and better economy at the same time! Its one or the other.

Ive heard positive reviews so im getin one, sorry ben !

Sh1t, havent read all that, I have one and I do belive it improves the economy but if it jeopardises my engine life then Im deffo going to take it off, have had it on for a good couple of months now so should notice the change and will let you know how it feels. Also, if you do get one, make sure you get it with the silencer, I thought it would be ok without but it makes a fecking nasty noise so dont do the same !!!!! MUGGED !!!

Mike.

BMW 320d Sport

LOL yeah thats a good suggestion Simon! Glad we are back to sensible discussions again where we can agree to disagree.

Ben how I LOLed when you wheeled out the old straw example again, I was wondering how long it would take mate. BTW youre a racing geezer, what do you reckon about spending long periods in racing seats rather than road seats. Will I get a sore arse from 2 or 3 hours in a bucket seat, say a Cobra Suzuka?

YES...........

they basically have no padding in the bottom......well, my seats dont....apart from a thin foam layer.

the back is bolt upright, so i can imagine a motorway will geat seriously annoying.

But if your tough, you can live with it......but i wont bother on my rd car......too many decent rd seats with fat shoulder,thigh and waist support. like recaros used in fords etc.

Clio 197

I cannot believe that anybody believes the ecotek BS. Seriously guys, every race car in the world would be running them, every car company would be installing them, and we would have had them for about 50 years if they worked!

Snake Oil works wonders as well. I guess if you believe in things they work...or at least you arent going to admit they dont!

Capt. is that you!!!! ...LOL

the only reason other cat use it is cause its patented.........hahaha....;)

true, its all been said a million times both way...

Its a bit stupid saying you cant believe anyone believes that the ecotek works etc etc. Fact is almost every car mag out hails it as gods gift, so its not suprising that people believe/d it.

After reading the link ben posted, i wont ever be buying one though!