ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mike's Mini Adventure....

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
As some know I sold my Inferno and picked up a facelift R53 Mini Cooper S in British Racing Green a couple of weeks ago.

I spent quite a long time finding one in good condition and with a proper full service history (i.e. done on time not just mileage). I found this in Birmingham and did a deal over the phone for it.

Spec was the usual chilli pack plus radio boost (no idea what this is), panoramic roof, auto climate, PDC sensors, white roof and stripes, vis pack (heated front screen, auto dimming mirror, xenons I think are part of this too), darkened glass and full grey leather. It has everything I wanted except the LSD and cruise. It also came with an aero grill and spots, which was a bonus as those were both mods I planned to do anyway! This one's also had the PAS pump, and rocker and sump gaskets changed recently which seem to be the big common issues.

I got it knowing it needed an oil service and new PDC sensor, it went to Mad4Mini in Leeds last week for the oil service and I got a genuine PDC sensor from eBay which fixed the parking sensors after much hassle with aftermarket sensors (I know it's only a small car but if it has PDC I want it working!).

While at M4M they discovered an irrepairable puncture in a rear tyre, I used this as an opportunity to swap to Hankook V12 non runflats and what a difference it has made, the car is much comfier, rides better, I'd say it handles better from my limited experience and it's just better, really glad I did this!

I then stuck on a cheap plate as it looked so old on it's original registration plate.

So far I am loving it, the SC is addictive and driving it anywhere just puts a massive grin on your face. It is also a much nicer place to be than a clio, and now on normal tyres there isn't a rattle to be heard! Fuel isn't too bad either, hooning you're going to see low 20's but around town I get just over 30mpg and today I did a 400 mile trip to Essex and used under a tank averaging 40.3mpg, the drive home was somewhat enthusiastic too so that wasn't drafting a lorry at 55mph :rasp:. The fuel economy certainly seems to have improved since I had the service and tyres changed too.

Plans are to keep it firstly! I then want to add an Orranje or Dave.f CAI and a reduced pulley. When I do this I haven't quite yet decided as I don't fancy paying my insurance company the £90 they want to add the mods, so I might wait until renewal.

A few pictures, I would of driven to a better location but the minute the car moves it becomes instantly filthy so just some driveway pics for now :)

9430433210_d8aa04ca0d_z.jpg

P1000256 by mjenic, on Flickr

9427665679_c67e44e715_z.jpg

P1000258 by mjenic, on Flickr

9430434878_1e7cb8190d_z.jpg

P1000260 by mjenic, on Flickr

9430435700_27fae1764f_z.jpg

P1000261 by mjenic, on Flickr

Ad

MK2 FRS
Looks really nice. BRG and the white roof is a great combo and the Xenons improve the front end appearance.

Really really like that. Mods on the cards? Couldn't resist airbox, map and pulley personally lol!!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers for the comments.

As said only mods I plan are an airbox, most likely orranje and a reduced pulley. I'll no doubt get carried away and buy other stuff too!