ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ecotek

has anybody opted to fit an ecotek device? is it any good, do you notice any performance gains or smoother running?
i know its only 50 quid but i was just wondering....

cheers

pete bann

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

Basicaly injects/lets in small amounts of air into your inlet manifold to cause the fuel to mix better with the air, therefore giving a better burn.

Have bought an ecotek for a 1.4. I have NO idea how to fit it!!!!
The lowdown on the stuff it gives seems to make sense, and they argure their reasons for improved fuel consumption, power and lower emissions - seems to make sense when the intake air is turbulent, it mixes with the fuel better. The thing is, they tell you to attach it to the pipe from the brake vacuum servo to the manifold, and a)I cant find it! and b) I dont understand the physics behind it! Have emailed Ecotek asking them to help me find the right pipe, so Ill let you know how it goes!

Well I have to say, the ecotek IS worth the money! After a boogger to fit, I got it sorted, and noticed absolutely nothing. I thought, pants wot a waste o money!

BUT......Having driven my girlfriend home 22miles at about 50mph all the way, it was seeming much nicer.

Now its fully settled in, I am noticing a big reduction in petrol stops, and even a wee bit more power! its sorted out a few flat spots i had between 2-3000 revs and the engine runs smoothly now. This was all on a standard 1.4RT, having run 62000miles! I would say its well worth it, even tho it wasnt as easy as i thought to fit (Im a complete beginner tho!)

Go for it!!!!

BMW 320d Sport

OK Ecotek fans - or those of you looking to buy one in the near future - Cliosport have struck a deal with Ecotek to get them cheaper for members. Details coming soon.

FOR SALE - Mk1 V6

good you got the discount
next time we meet nick ill appreciate the "fitting services"

soz if spellings crap, never could spel

Hi,
I have a 1.4RT and have had an ecotek fitted for about 8 months. It does save fuel and you get alot more torque at low revs. But it has be re tuned quite regularly. I am selling my car so if you want mine give me a ring and I will help you fit it too. My car is on the gallery at www.cliosport.net.

BMW 320d Sport

Yeah the same deal as usual at the Southend meetings - you bring the tools, well fit the stuff, ecoteks power boost valves, its all in a days work at Cliosport.

Im not doing boot installs for amps though.

Has anyone tried fitting the ecotek to a 172? I bought the ecotek for another car, but never got round to fitting it.

Cheers

Jase

Fitted a "ECOTECH" yesterday, to my Clio 172 mark 2,found it was a piece of piss to fit,havent found any inprovement in power,but really didnt expect too,just see if economy improves.

I got the Ecotek a month ago and the daft bird on the phone knew nothing of a discount. I ended up paying the full whack (plus shipping to spain).
That said, it has sorted out the power band on my 1.6 nicely (much smoother and progressive) and I save roughly 10-15% on fuel. It was dead easy to fit too.

Ned.

Cupra K1 & Clio 200

Ok, ive fitted my fitted my ecotek about a month now, and i cant say ive seen much power gains or reductions. I think ive fitted it to the right pipe! On the MKI Clio, is it that really hard black pipe? Its not very flexible so i had to buy another pipe to go over the "vacuum servo"! How has a filter and who doesnt? Just wondering because if i take it off, i was wondering whether it would help? Thanks

Gengar

Been driving around now for a few days with "ECOTECH" and i cant really say it makes any difference, but at the end of the day its,"having and not having", plus the chrome looks sh*t hot!