ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ECU Holder

182 Trophy 019/500
Has anyone elses broken/snapped???

Mines failed on the support that goes from the ecu to the suspension strut, It's snapped near to the bolt.

Hopefully it will be replaced under warranty but two dealers are claiming that they have never had one fail (even though i have heard of a few that have failed)

182 Cup, (2nd one)
Yep happened to me although mine is on a 182 cup- gather its a common fault though the dealer wouldn't accept this and had to have the car in for a day to diagnose the fault and tell me it was broken LOL

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
hi mate when i was gonna buy a 172 in feb it had the same problem i was a bit put offf by it coz i thought it good have been played with

onpoint productions said:
hi mate when i was gonna buy a 172 in feb it had the same problem i was a bit put offf by it coz i thought it good have been played with

That seriously put you off buying a car?! ha

I've seen loads with it brocken, very flimsy bit of metal.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Yep, mines snapped. Having said that I have had the ecu out, so i think it was stressed a bit while trying to remove the damn ECU cover.

182 Trophy 019/500
Yeah its made of french cheese :D

Well hopefully they will replace it under warranty. Anyone know how much the part it? Or does it only come as the complete ecu/battery tray?

2002 Clio 172
Mine is snapped, how much hassle would it be to change, mine is out of warranty so no luck there.

Clio 172 mk2
Someone should get on the case an make up some stonger aluminum brackets to replace the OE ones.

182 Trophy 019/500
Has anyone got the part number for this part by any chance?

The dealer and Renault are having problems finding a part number to order the bit.

vx220
I had this exact same problem a few weeks ago mate!
Asked on here but no one could help me out! Renault sent me a fax with the diff. parts available for the ecu and i just marked out which one it was and sent it back to them. Only do this if your really sure which bit it is though as they will probably try and fudge you if its the wrong part they order in.
Renault act like you have broken it by messing with the ecu in some way and the guy there really questioned me, as if id had the ecu off for some tweaking or somethin!

RenaultSport said:
Has anyone got the part number for this part by any chance?

The dealer and Renault are having problems finding a part number to order the bit.

172 cup'd extreme
they know about the problem as they have re-designed it and it no longer bolts on where it used to. i had an authentique for a day when my car died so i nicked the one off that it bolts on further down

182 Trophy 019/500
Does anyone have the part number? As the dealer can't find it neither can Renault UK.

Or, even the name of a dealer that has replaced yours as i'll ring them and see if they have a part number.

The dealer that is sorting it for me claim that this part doesn't exist anymore and that they'll have to get someone to weld it...

Focus ST
i now have the same problem, anybody know the part number??

PPPPPLLLLLLLEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

182 Trophy 019/500
Gweebs said:
i now have the same problem, anybody know the part number??

PPPPPLLLLLLLEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

I have now got the part number. I'll dig it and and post it later if you want.

182 Trophy 019/500
Mike@Rentech said:
If you would, I couldn't find this number when I had a look today was not on Dialogys

The two part numbers i was given are:

7700 114 748 + 8200 067 223

These are the two verticle bars, one of them has the bracket that breaks attached to it but im not sure which one is the one we need. I'm waiting for my dealer to get back to me...

Cupped Meg 225 Lux
Mine had this bracket replaced a couple of weeks after I picked it up. Noticed it due to the noise it made as the two snapped ends rubbed together, popped bonnet and spotted it straight away.

Took mine back to SJ Cooks in Bristol where i bought it, they said they had just done another one and that they had lots of trouble getting the part number first time round, something about having to look it up on a different model - i.e. not a 182.

Swapped under warranty no hassles... If you still need a part number give them a bell.

182 Trophy 019/500
chrisfez said:
Mine had this bracket replaced a couple of weeks after I picked it up. Noticed it due to the noise it made as the two snapped ends rubbed together, popped bonnet and spotted it straight away.

Took mine back to SJ Cooks in Bristol where i bought it, they said they had just done another one and that they had lots of trouble getting the part number first time round, something about having to look it up on a different model - i.e. not a 182.

Swapped under warranty no hassles... If you still need a part number give them a bell.

Cheers mate i may ring them to confirm what part it is out of the two above part numbers we need.

Mine snapped. Swan Renault in Chichester replaced the whole cage, no questions asked. Although a couple of weeks later i noticed some scratches to the paintwork on the top nearside wing. Where the technician was obviously leaning in.

Focus ST
RenaultSport said:
The two part numbers i was given are:

7700 114 748 + 8200 067 223

These are the two verticle bars, one of them has the bracket that breaks attached to it but im not sure which one is the one we need. I'm waiting for my dealer to get back to me...

Right, got the car looked at yesterday. Apparently according to the Parts Desk at Renault Enfield (don't know how much faith you want to put in this), the difference between the above 2 parts is *********748 is the new modified part. **********223 is the part that requires the bolts when fitting.

Clio 197
chrisfez said:

EXCELLENT WORK!

My stealer couldn't get the part number, and rather than try harder to get it... they then tried to blame me for it: "have you tried to remove the batter y at all" , "then how did you route that cable there"

All because I have a cable for my amp, going from the battery into the passenger compartment : which doesn't require removal of the bloody battery!