ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ecu!!

hi guys and gals,

im thinking of buying an r-sport ecu for my 172 but just wondering what else will i have to do to get the car running right i.e rolling road etc.

sorry about the stupid question.

Think the R-Sport ECU is only available for cup as it doesnt account for features like traction, abs, etc

could be wrong though

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

how much is it? what break to you gain? someone do a link so i can have a look at it,thanks

Nippy white cup

Dont bother Im here! lol

£241 Delivered. Fitting is easy even for someone like me! Had it rrd and there was no difference in BHP or Torque but it feels much better and revs higher now (125 in 4th?!)

Im not sure if the ECU will work in the 172 tho. Dont think anyone has tried it. If it did Im sure everyone with a 172 would have got one.

Cheers

Chris

its debated whether this is the same ecu or not.

I know from what supplier i would order mine!(if i had a cup/172 of course)

Quote: Originally posted by Darren555 on 19 November 2003

I believe Hill Power do them for the 172
Yes, similar price to the RSport chip and supposedly just as effective. I believe that they are both based on the Group N ecu.

Quote: Originally posted by cbscup on 19 November 2003

Im thinking about getting this done so do tell weight!!
only IMHO, but i would get rsports number from chris and shove my flexible friend in there face!

they only reason i say what i have, is because ive seen Rsports ecus go.

as far as i am aware the rsport ecu works on the phase 2 172 standard and cup. it wont however work on standard phase 1 172s.