ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ECUs

Hi,

This has probably been mentioned somewhere else before, so forgive me if its going over old ground.

Why with the Clios do you need to run a piggy-back ECU or re-chip? Coming from the VW scene, there was a wealth of plug n play systems that simply downloaded a new map to the ECU and were/are supposedly undetectable come service time.

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Well being an active member of the VW Club of South Africa, Ive often envied the guys who use REVO etc to tune their cars.

We dont need piggy-back chips, or to rechip for any technical reasons, its just that there arent any (that Im aware of) plug n play systems out there to retune the Clio ECU

You can now remap the stock ecu fastchip and bb and Hill power I think have the ability.

You need to runa chip if your have gone stuck cams etc in your car or have manifold work etc. The new maps etc mean that when the ECU goes to closed loop ie ie doesnt listen to the lambeda sensors (which would warn the ecu it was lean) the new maps tell the ecu or fool the engine into dumping more fuel into the engine so that you amke more power. Also if you have cams etc them your enigne is running lean which can damage it. The stock maps arnt desinged to take account of aftermarket cams etc.

Our 172 & 182 Grp.N ECUs are "Plug-and-Play". Simply swap the ECUs over and its done for an internally standard engine so by-passes any of the potential problems highlighted by edde. By the way, new 172 and 182 demo videos now live on our site! If you want some more detail, drop us a line at the usual address...

Dave www.bbpt.co.uk

just watched the movie, wow! If these are undetectable to the servicing chaps.. i.e. I can get round the warrenty, Id definitely be interested post xmas time. What sort of power increase can you expect running one of these on the stock engine?

They are undetectable to the dealer and still retain all usage for code reading etc. As edde said we can map the original ECU to any level including turbo, i believe us and Fastchip are the only people able to do this.

If you need any further assistance give us a call.