ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Edition 38

TTRS & V50
Great show and great weather as per every year.

DSC_0010-1010x680_c.jpg

DSC_0008-1010x680_c.jpg

DSC_0015-1010x680_c.jpg

DSC_0019-1010x680_c.jpg

DSC_0025-1010x680_c.jpg

DSC_0041-1010x680_c.jpg

DSC_0104-1010x680_c.jpg

DSC_0070-1010x680_c.jpg

There rest can be found here - http://carcal.co.uk/edition-38-2014-photos/

Or even here - https://www.facebook.com/CARSHOWCAL

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Apparently the lupo above has neons underneath. Which makes it cool according to a friend, his reasoning being that it's one of the best lupos in the country

This scene really doesn't make any sense sometimes.

I do love the old VAG stuff but the same old;

(buy as new vag car you can afford) + wheels + lower = Scene... Does get old, oh i forgot - Add blue masking tape everywhere for ultra scene/dickhead points.

TTRS & V50
Linky for the advert please :)

Was a paper advert on the car unfortunately. You can see it in the windscreen just.

I'm sure there is an advert on the internet somewhere. Lets just say if I had 7k to throw at a classic car, this would be it :)

Was a paper advert on the car unfortunately. You can see it in the windscreen just.

I'm sure there is an advert on the internet somewhere. Lets just say if I had 7k to throw at a classic car, this would be it :)

Right ok, i've tried to find it on ebay, PH, ED38 no luck. Do you know anyone who might have the details or his username on one of the forums?

It's right up my street that MK1

I saw that exact car on the M1 last Friday. Looked utterly ridiculous and was being driven at what looked like 40mph.
I bet they can't go any faster as it drives like crap, that & the fact that people get 'scene points' for driving stupidly modded cars slow on the motorway.

I don't get it!!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
ED38 are turning into a bunch of dicks tbh,they need to just step back a little bit from the scene stuff and go back to unmolested nice cars.A slight drop and nice wheels can make a big difference.
Some of this broken axle s**t and stupid stickers is becoming a little tedious .

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Not really into the vag scene at all but there's a lot of work gone into some of the cars.

Can't be doing with the camber though.

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
That's my brothers car next to the white golf. I've been going with him for years but I couldn't be assed this year as its all about how much money you can throw at cars these days and how ott you can be which it never used to be about. One thing is for sure though, whether you like the whole low/wide/camber/tuck/split rim thing, there is no denying that the quality of workmanship in 95% of the cars at Edition is incredible. Mock them all you like, I'm sure the owners could teach the vast majority a thing or two with many aspects of how to put a car together.

TTRS & V50
Why do people generalise ? Seriously, who cares the 'type' of person at this show. If you appreciate the cars then it's a great show, if you do not, then no you probably won't like it. But calling it 'chavtastic' and 'grinding your gears', really ?

Not caring the type of person but what's the point of lowering a car beyond the point it is usable (not only for practicality reasons but the suspension needs travel to work)?

Each to their own and all this but I really don't see any benefit on doing this, the opposite in fact.

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
You see this is where people who don't actually look closely or attend these shows seem to generalise everyone and say "it's pointless" or "it's broke". Yes, there are plonkers out there who throw their cars together with zero bump travel and -89.5* negative camber. The best cars however work correctly and as they should do regardless of how near the tyres sit from the arch. My brothers Lupo has its tyres sitting about 2mm inside the arch, has about 30-35 bump travel, has -1.75* camber at the front and -2 at the rear and out handles my missus 172.
I don't see the benefit of a pop and bang remaps but 50% of CS members pull one off when seeing/hearing one. Horses for coarse I suppose. Each to there own.

TTRS & V50
Not caring the type of person but what's the point of lowering a car beyond the point it is usable (not only for practicality reasons but the suspension needs travel to work)?

Each to their own and all this but I really don't see any benefit on doing this, the opposite in fact.

Most are on Air Ride ;)

I don't see the benefit of a pop and bang remaps but 50% of CS members pull one off when seeing/hearing one. Horses for coarse I suppose. Each to there own.

:)

Horses for courses.
I am over Fun & Function instead of "looks".
Not sure how an air suspension handles unless it is a Citroen.

RB 182 cup
Been to edition 38 before, i couldn't go this year as I'm working away sadly.
Like any show, it depends who you go with i guess, but I've always had fun, but its a bit of a small show, not much goes on and there are to many trailer queens for me.

Buy a vag car, commence full leather retrim, air ride, fit big and rare wheels then detail the hell out of it. Its all a bit boring after the 10th car.

Monaro VXR
Old nicely done VAG's cool.

I just don't get this modern s**t at all, same wheels, same stupid "stanced" look. To do it on a car like the Cooper S is just missing the point of the car surely?