ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Effect of over boring engine?

R35 GTR
My engine has been overbored, i think the numbers are 82.65mm to 83.00mm, so I calculate and 2015cc engine (before was 1998cc).

What would the effects of over boring be?

I have heard peak power will be lower.

Megane 2 GT 165
it should make more power I guess you'r not lowering compression. Anyway standard is 82.7 and yours is 83?

Better someone with experience with this answer :)

LY 182
My engine has been overbored, i think the numbers are 82.65mm to 83.00mm, so I calculate and 2015cc engine (before was 1998cc).

general rule of thumb is you loose power and gain torque
but for that sort of bore its not going to make an incredible difference

1.8 valver,williams,105e
If its overbored-i no on cosworths anyway is that they can crack the cylinder walls through to the water gallaries,so they go even bigger then steel sleeve them.
is it a turbo applicant?

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2

general rule of thumb is you loose power and gain torque
but for that sort of bore its not going to make an incredible difference

No, LegoHead's got it right. Overboring never loses you power. The maximum amount of power an engine can generate depends on the amount of air it can pump, that's not being reduced, its just that if its the induction system that limits increasing the bore (or stroke) won't increase it much.

But when we're only talking about another 17 cc the numbers are going to be so small they're not going to be noticeable. If we were talking about 10 times that you'd see a noticeable change in the peak power revs.

2005 Nissan Navara
You'll probably gain more from un-shrouding the valves that wee bit, than you will from the minor increase in displacement.