ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Egg Attack on my 182 Paint Work

RenaultSport 182
Hi All,

On driving home tonight with friends after playing football, some stupid little idiots bombarded my brand new 182 with eggs.

One egg hit the window and left no damage, but unfortunatly one hit my passanger side door and has left paintwork damage. There is really fine circular swirly paint mark chips/scratches.

I will get pic up tomorrow when its light enough to take some, has anyone had this sort of thing befor and would anyone be able to provide any help as to removing the marks?

It's only my 4th day of owning my first sport and this has happened already :( Needless to say I'm a bit pissed atm.

Any help is much appreciated.

Megane Coupe 2.0 VVT
Sorry i am not able to offer help

But i had the same thing happen to my black car, it has left lots of small chips in a circular fashion, lots of t cut and wax seems to hide it but i know it is still there, but i dont really want to start respraying the roof

106 GTi
I will get pic up tomorrow when its light enough to take some, has anyone had this sort of thing befor and would anyone be able to provide any help as to removing the marks?

It's only my 4th day of owning my first sport and this has happened already :( Needless to say I'm a bit pissed atm.

Any help is much appreciated.

Sorry to say, egg shells leave some very bad pitting very very deep into the paint. In most cases so deep it will not polish out, and only paint will fix it. You may get lucky and it may machine polish out.

106 GTi
A decent polish/scratch remover should tidy it up and make it less visable, but chances are it will leave the deeper marks in it.

Not a fan of T-cut, better of with Autoglym Paint Renovater. Take it easy mind as it can go through you clearcoat even by hand.

C

clio172cup20

You need stronger stuff that t-cut!!
Go to your local sprayers, ask what polish you use...
3M makes some good polishes.

i have some if you need the full name of it?!?

i think the best solution is to find the little f**kers, beat their heads on the pavement then run back and forth over them.

won't do owt for your paint work but it'll make you feel better :)