ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eggy oil :(

Titanium 182
I was putting my standard springs back onto my car yesterday and basically i couldnt get the bottom of the strut to line up with the bolt holes if you know what i mean ? :S

so i had to put a LOT of weight down on the wishbone to get it in it took me about an hour with a mate, anyway long story short my drive shaft fell out and theres eggy oil all over my drive it stinks and i feel ill and my throat hurts :( .

Anyone know of anything to get this stuff off my dads drive ?

Cars going to the garage tomorrow for them to do it properly because its currently on 1 standard front spring and 3 lowered springs

WINNER.

BMW 320d SE
Try a patio/driveway cleaner from somewhere like B&Q.
Remember to refill you gearbox with oil, as you've obviously lost some when your driveshaft fell out.

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
gearbox oil smells rank. Its also a pain in the b**ch to clean too. Dont forget to top up as said ^

Titanium 182
Will i be able to drive about 8 miles to my uncles garage ? he said i would be ok if i take it easy and i dont have any gearbox oil and i dont know how to put it in :(

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Let me guess only jacked up one side? Antiroll bar pushing up FTL

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Washing up liquid will be fine if worked in with a stiff brush and a decent jet wash.

As said, always jack both sides up so the other isn't working against you.