ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

egr valve part number help.

megane gt dci 150
hi guys, went to a garage last wednesday with the clio because it wouldnt start in the morning and they said egr valve was sticking open. they did say to me try cleaning the valve up, as it gets clogged up with s**t, so, i cleaned it up and it worked for a full week. then one morning engine management light came on and wouldnt start, so on the hunt for a new EGR valve.

went outside for the partnumbers and there are a few lol. :S

its a pierburg unit but its got the renault number and pierburg number too.

they are:

any help would be appreciated guys, cheers, nick..

P.S. i am sorry if this is in wrong section :eek:

ITB'd MK1
i'd try cleaning out the current one again, and while you're there check the innsides of the boost pipes. I've seen a few become very clogged

I'd also suggest a diagnostics plug-in

megane gt dci 150
ive had the diagnostics checked, and it cam up with glowplug fault and EGR valve fault. he deleted the faults and took it for a run, came back and plugged it in again. the only fault to come back was the EGR valve fault.

instead of the pissing about cleaning it, im just going to get a new one. there about £90 off ebay for a genuine pierburg unit, and see what goes from there. then i can rule out the egr valve if the failing to start fault occurs.

does the EGR valve need coding to the car, or is it a plug and play unit? cheers, nick..