ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eibach question!

Arctic 182 & PB 172
Ok, I know there has been numerous posts on this but I want to ask some questions.

I'm going to get some sportlines. A month ago I had the two front shocks replaced with original ones from Renault Parts Direct. I understand that doing this coupled with the sportlines will vastly improve the car? Give me some stories?

Also, with the lowering on the sportlines being pretty minimal, Im not going to get any rub am I? How much do you reckon it will cost my usual garage at 50 quid an hour labour to fit them?

Also, anything else I could do to the car to further improve the handling? Any tips, elaborate on them if you'd be so kind?

Thanks.

Arctic 182 & PB 172
From reading the chat elsewhere here, there seems to be no real advantage to changing out my standard cup suspension to be honest. Perhaps I'll use the money to go back down to Birchdown and get my cambelt done again, it has been a couple of years since last time.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Not got an answer for you but I would also be interested in hearing from others on how they improving handling or a link to some guides.

From reading the chat elsewhere here, there seems to be no real advantage to changing out my standard cup suspension to be honest. Perhaps I'll use the money to go back down to Birchdown and get my cambelt done again, it has been a couple of years since last time.

I think the car is well set-up out of the box however alot of members track there cars and have them lowered etc so there must be some gains to be had.

I changed my cup springs for sport lines when 2 of them were found to be broken at not time.
Ride height is very slightly lower now and a little bit harder than before.
I personally would stick to your cup springs unless you need to change them...there's not much difference.
My local garage quoted 80 plus vat for fronts so I did them myself.
Hope that helps

Sportlines made a really noticeable drop on mine. Really pleased with them! Didn't notice any difference on the road but felt a bit more firm on track. Hard to be sure as I had other changes at the same time.

Arctic 182 & PB 172
I changed my cup springs for sport lines when 2 of them were found to be broken at not time.
Ride height is very slightly lower now and a little bit harder than before.
I personally would stick to your cup springs unless you need to change them...there's not much difference.
My local garage quoted 80 plus vat for fronts so I did them myself.
Hope that helps

Thanks very much dude! I'll leave it alone I reckon!