ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eibach Sportline Spring Kit

182 trophy
Im looking to lower my car, to get rid of the quite high gap with the standard springs. Are
Eibach Sportline Spring Kit from k-tec any good? ive got 182 wheels on my car and want to get them to the wheel arch without scraping or rubbing. could anyone give me some information on this?
And also my insurance compnay want £300 is it worth it since im not slamming the car right down, will they notice?
Thanks

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Its a fantastic kit mate ive got the sportline pros which dont drop as much as the sportlines as theres 2 diffrent sets you can get the pros drop 25mm front and back u cant even notice the height diffrence so the insurance wont even notice but the others drop 50mm F & B i hope this helps ya pal :)

172 cup
I have the proline kit on my cup as well, good bit of kit. however 300 for your insurance is a bit steep for springs?

182 trophy
yeah i might look into them then, and yes £300 i dont understand it? its not like it makes your car go faster if anything you drive slower?

Renault Clio RS182
I hardly noticed a drop on mine when i fitted sportlines, maybe just a subtle one. If you're looking for lowz look at other springs/coilovers, if you want handling these are the ones for you. Just remember if you don't tell the insurance and happen to crash, they'll do more than look at it and think meehhhh it's probably standard...

172 PH1
Paint then black, fit them, forget about it.

For the mediocre drop they give insurance will not notice.

182 trophy
well my gap on the arch is around 55mm to wheel atm, i really dont want to pay £300 or slam the car right now, the pro only does about 30 right? and the sportline about 50?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
The sportlines wont lower the car that much mate and im pretty sure the pro's hardly drop the car atall. I run the cooksport springs on mine and i find the ride and stance spot on.

172 cup
Same as above, no one has noticed that my car is lowered. Actually I know it sounds bad but I didnt notice till I got the car home! So if your only intrested in lowering the car then athough Prolines are good springs but they are a bit pointless for that.

The cooksports look good, however I think they only do 172/182 spings?

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Ive heard very good things on the cooksport springs and there a fair bit cheaper than the eibach's aswell!!