ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eibach springs on 182 cup chassis?

182 cup
Hi

How are the springs on 182 with cup chassis? Are Eibach springs worth the upgrade on this setup? Can't afford coilovers!

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Never had them but from what I've heard there very good. Worth the money as you can always sell them on here afterwards.

Golf GTD Mk7
Got prolines on mine and they are marginally better than standard imo. Not a massive difference really. You're better off saving imo.

koi

Audi S1
For the money they are a decent upgrade, I would personally go for coilovers as I would prefer it to be a touch lower.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I fitted them to mine and it lowered it a nice amount and did reduce the body roll/ I found them a little crashy on standard dampers though so currently looking for other options

Golf GTD Mk7
I fitted them to mine and it lowered it a nice amount and did reduce the body roll/ I found them a little crashy on standard dampers though so currently looking for other options

Presumably that's sportlines though. Pros aren't noticable regarding ride height and roll in corners. They aren't crashy either. Sportlines may just lower slightly too much for the stock dampers, not allowing them to work correctly, and hence causes the crashy ride.

Looking for 182

Please excuse my naivety here, but when you say 'crashy', what do you mean?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Presumably that's sportlines though. Pros aren't noticable regarding ride height and roll in corners. They aren't crashy either. Sportlines may just lower slightly too much for the stock dampers, not allowing them to work correctly, and hence causes the crashy ride.

Yes sportlines, and thats exactly what I was thinking with regards to the ride height and the OE dampers. Trying to find / modilfy suitable dampers to fit 182 cup kits.

By crashy I mean harsh ride maybe, no small bump comfort. finding it a little difficult to describe. the springs and dampers are progressive, meaning the further through the travel it goes the stiffer it gets. So if I've loweredit past the soffest part of the damping from the suspension it'll be much stiffer than it should, hence looking for shortened dampers.

But this is my oppinion, and a lot of people are happy with sportlines and standard dampers so maybe I'm getting soft as I get older. lol best of going for a ride in a car that already has them fitted.

182 cup
Do Eibach springs go any way to reducing torque steer? Anybody with these notice anything?

172 Cup
I'd like similar info for Prolines on a 172 cup - Do they change the ride height any and are the spring rates anything like OE springs? Or softer/harder????

Golf GTD Mk7
I'd like similar info for Prolines on a 172 cup - Do they change the ride height any and are the spring rates anything like OE springs? Or softer/harder????

Not much mate no, about 10mm IIRC

Do Eibach springs go any way to reducing torque steer? Anybody with these notice anything?

No. Order an expensive slip diff or control the right foot a little if you want to stop that ;)