ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eibach

A well built VW
Pro and Sport Whats the difference ?

Which is best ? Been offered Pro's for a really good price but a few on here have swapped them for Apex

Citroen DS3 DSport
Sport are apparently 10mm lower and also stiffer than the Proline.

I'm planning to buy Pro's for my 172 as I had Eibach springs on a previous car and they were brilliant.

A well built VW
motorsportworld are quite cheap but speak to John2Modified first

Just bought mine from ebay brand new but im not telling the price yet mucho cheapness

M

Mark E-J

i had eibach pro springs and standards sri dampers on my astra mk5 sport hatch and the ride was lovelly but hell of a lot more performance than the std spring less roll

now i just bought a clio 1.8 16v and need 2 get some springs for it thinking bout eibach pro again

but hjave heard apex are better i guess its down 2 the car at the end of the day

Dirty E91
I've heard it's a case of Sport for show, Pros for go.

Apparently the Sport springs are quite a bit stiffer then the Pro springs.

Focus ST
martynh said:
I've heard it's a case of Sport for show, Pros for go.

Apparently the Sport springs are quite a bit stiffer then the Pro springs.

?

Sports are for performance. 10mm lower and about the same stiffness, Pro and Sports are progressive springs. Which basically means the harsher the bump/cornering, the more resistance to compression from the springs.

So the only real differences is the 10mm.

So Pro's are one step up from std. Sports are another step up for more performance (not a huge step).

Question - If lowering a car increases is stability and cornering ability. Why would something like pro's be a better option than sports??

Focus ST
I've heard of more people coming from Apex to Eibachs.

Apex I've been tolded are too harsh but give the best drop -40mm.

Dirty E91
Gweebs said:
?

Sports are for performance. 10mm lower and about the same stiffness, Pro and Sports are progressive springs. Which basically means the harsher the bump/cornering, the more resistance to compression from the springs.

So the only real differences is the 10mm.

So Pro's are one step up from std. Sports are another step up for more performance (not a huge step).

Question - If lowering a car increases is stability and cornering ability. Why would something like pro's be a better option than sports??

I'm only going by what I was told when I was looking into getting some eibachs myself, I thought both sets of springs lowered the car but one set was stiffer than the other, this obviously isn't how it works.

From the yozzasoprt site:
Eibach Proline Springs offer an improved ride over the standard Renault item. Slightly firmer through the corners, it enables you to push harder giving the car much more stability whilst still retaining road characteristics.

Eibach Sportline Springs offer a much improved spring over the standard Renault item. Firmer through the corners, it enables you to push harder giving the car much more stability.

A well built VW
Gweebs said:
Fred at www.yozzasport.com does a good deal.

He couldn't have got me them for the price i paid - £35 brand new :eek:

I took the plunge and bought them anyway , they turned up the next day just need to find tie to get them fitted. TBH i just want improved handling and used the have H&R springs on the clio i had before and was always happy with them (I do have 18" wheels to consider so didnt want to go too low) plus its not a sports car

Cheers for the replies guys appreciated