ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EK's

Matthew It's a fair assumption that ;)

Lets put it this way how many clio "sports" are there kicking about or even reps with the correct bumpers etc fitted that only a Renault enthusiast would know the difference between? In the case of the EK9 there are very few in the country because they weren't ever sold here by Honda. Plenty of EK4 and EJ9 reps kicking about owned by bellends.

Good point, I suppose I'm no different to the average Joe on the street, who wouldn't know a Trophy from a 172 Cup lol

I wouldn't know a proper Ek9 from a Ek4/EJ9 lol

Disastra Coupe
Let's get back to the picture's shall we ;)

IMG_7964_ek9_civic_nisei_copy.jpg

jdm-honda-civic-ek.jpg

DSCF9467.jpg

ek.png

Mr Burns

ClioSport Club Member
  Swift Sport
I had to laugh at some of the comments on here, I think the type of people who disrespect EK's are the same people who won't buy a car without cupholders and an armrest.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I like ek's especially the 9's.Its just the driveability i wouldnt want to lose with it looking broken on bent wheels.

Disastra Coupe
I had to laugh at some of the comments on here, I think the type of people who disrespect EK's are the same people who won't buy a car without cupholders and an armrest.

Well baring in mind majority of folks in here own Clio's and Clio's don't have armrest's that's a lousy assumption lol.

035.jpg

ekgreen.jpg

ru60c3-1.jpg

10-12-08-5271.jpg

3652975928_2da3f3fe79.jpg

3692088731_76d71d8eb5.jpg

3692892348_e232299425.jpg

philooomyyy.jpg

rt0y2w1.jpg

Disastra Coupe
Not sure i actually like that. Think the stance is going a bit far for my liking.

Matt paint job's generally suck to own too. My Duc was matt black before i had it sprayed and it was such a bore to wash.

My mate has an EK9 and from the minute we took it for a test drive I loved it.

His has a full fujitsubo exhaust system (don't know if it has a cat) but it's the legalis system so isn't rediculously loud, plus HKS panel filter and spoon elbow and I can really understand why people say they get addicted to tec. It sounds so immense :cool: Plus the way it handles on Cusco coilies is insane. My Yaris was well sorted and outhandled soooo much, but this thing would leave it standing.

Can see myself getting one in the future tbh

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Where's the EG appreciation thread?!

I owned this:
4.jpg

36.jpg

100.jpg

It had these fitted:
15.jpg

And a collection of DC2 Suspension parts, and a JDM B16A lump.

Then I was set to own this:
Image012.jpg

Ohlins Coilovers, CE28s, Fujitsubo RM01-A, it was perfect.

Then the importer crashed it en route to deliver it to me.

Charged Superleggera
Nice eg fella. One of my mates just bought a mint eg6 siR. Very cool cars imo. He didnt like the lenso's so he sold them on and now has a set of enkeis on it. Also that ek9 looks identical to another mate of mines lol. shame the guy wrote it off as it looks like a nice example.

IMGP8950.jpg

IMGP8924.jpg

IMGP8831.jpg

IMGP8957.jpg

Photo1985.jpg

sorry turkish haha

Last edited:

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
The '9 is still hanging around somewhere, it was repaired and sold on somewhere up north IIRC. I refused it though, didn't fancy it.

It is so difficult to find tidy EG6's these days, mine was an ESI which I plonked an SIR engine into. EG's are fantastic cars though, same chassis as a DC2 (hailed by every motoring journo ever!).

Charged Superleggera
yeh true but he did pay top dollar for it. more than what i would have been prepared to pay anyway. yeh they are great wee cars. Lighter than ek's and handle really well too.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
The exterior has aged very very well for a 20 year old shape.

The interiors though, especially the pre '94 cars, are such crap. lol.

Your mates looks a good example, usually the metal worm has eaten the front of the rear arches.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
The exterior has aged very very well for a 20 year old shape.

The interiors though, especially the pre '94 cars, are such crap. lol.

Your mates looks a good example, usually the metal worm has eaten the front of the rear arches.

In fairness, most cars in good nick and decent mods look good. Mk2 gti, 205gti etc.

Charged Superleggera
yeh most of the eg's and even ek's that i have saw in the uk suffer from rust eating away at the rear quarters. This is due to a fault with the way the water drains. His being an sir, is an import and i dont think it has been in the country that long and thats probably one of the reasons its still in good condition. haha yeh the interior is very dated even for a 20 year old car but to some that old school look appeals to people. His also has dc2 black recaro's, which are a big improvement over the standard seats that it comes with.

Stripped yozza'd cup
Fookin' love these.

But the only one I would spend my money on would be an ek9, but they're Soooooo expensive. A nice example was £8000- £9000 last time I looked.

CBR1K, F21 125D
You boys need to come and watch some Vtec Challange races' this year for some real engines ;)

In fairness most would assume a 96-00 civic model is an EK but there are numerous numbers depending on the body and engine combination. EK4, EK9, EM1, EJ9, EK3 etc. The code will relate to either coupe, saloon or hatch and whether the car has a D or B series lump in it. I can never remember all the combinations if I'm honest just a couple and I would hazard a guess a fair few of the US civics may have started life as EJ9's (hatch with a D series engine)