ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electric fuel pump prob after engine rebuild.

I had the cambelt let go last week, so i've had the head off and replaced the bent valves (head had a slight skim and the new valves are cut in), everything was put back in today (new gaskets, etc)

BUT it won't fire up. I'm pretty sure i've reconnected everything electrical (loads of bloody connectors, even for a poxy 1.2 8v!) but the fuel pump won't run.

When i turn on the ignition there is no hum of the pump pressurising the injector rail and no fuel pumps out when i disconnect the fuel line.

Everything is back on the engine (that i can see!) so does anybody have any idea what i've done to screw things up?

Thanks

Steve

Panic over, turn out the clown who helped out hadn't attached the two earth connections on the back of the head under the throttle body.