ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electric power steering

Apart from the better feel, is there any reason why RS models use a hydraulic power steering setup instead of electric like the rest of the range?

Considering the options for the new car, how easy would it be to wire up the electric power steering from a 1.2 into a car without a complete loom etc?

LY 182
i will let you know end of this week.
edde reckons just giving it power to the rack and a live to the motor it will work - but will be really light so if you wire a speed pulse to it it will be better.
im not to optimistic but i shall give it a go

BMW M135i
The electric rack feels very very disconnected and damped compared to the RS's hydraulic system, I prefer the hydraulic no end. You can't feel a thing through the steering with the electric pas.

Bloody horrible imo.

Da

Less
One of the most noticeable differences when given a 1.2 courtesy car, bar the power obviously! Steering just feels all 'wishy-washy'! :)

Thats what I thought, just noone ever seems to think I know what i'm talking about when i say stuff.

Currently running a hydraulic rack with a Saxo electric pump.

The speed sensor for the electric; what kind of signal is it?