ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ELECTRIC WINDOW FAULT!!!

Clio 1.8 16v

my drivers side electric window works intermitantly only started doin it as this weather has got hot n e ideas people?hope its not the motor:cry:

not sure mate, but im having the same problem! mine ticks when i press the switch down, then either works or doesnt at all? sorry i coulndt actually help!

Quote: Originally posted by Chris_H on 31 May 2003

Aye the switch trick.

The motor may need a bit of wd-40 as the bearings dry up/rust as well.
wd40 may free it but its not a lubricant or grease, if it is the motor free it with wd40 but use some proper grease afterwards or it will only seize up again

Clio 1.8 16v

got to take the door card of to get to the motor or just take the side bit off toget to the switch,mine aint the switch though a guy from across the road said its sum thin to do with a thermal switch which explains why in the morn when cold it works fine but by the end of the day when it gets hot in this weather ur car is pretty hot inside so it heats this magnisium strip up and does not send power to ur moto!!and the reason why it works sum times then cuts out about half way up is coz ur moto is drawing a bit more current so it heats that strip up even more untill it trips,ringing renault up in the mornin to ask were this switch is not got it in the diagram in the haynes book:(

right then how can you grease the bearings? Come on tell me. Even with a grease gun you cant get the grease in.

To get it apart to get grease in you destroy the motor.

wd-40 does the job fine.

Get the door card off and you will see the motor, spray down through the hole at the brush end of the motor.

loony, you should of seen that coming, he didnt say ti was grease or lubricant.

my switch had a stone stuck under it.....dunno how.