ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electric Window not working - troubleshooting

Megane cabriolet '06
Howdy folks, just looking for some help on trouble shooting an electric window on a Megane cabriolet Mk2 model.

The drivers window doesn't open or close at all.
I tested the 6 wire's going into the drivers and passenger switch on the drivers console,

Grey = 12v constant; goes to 0v when Passenger window goes down.
Orange = 12v constant; goes to 0v when Passenger window goes up.
Yellow = 12v constant. (Nothing happens when I press the drivers switch up or down.)
Black / Grey = 12v constant. (Nothing happens when I press drivers switch up or down.
Black = I assume is an earth.
Black = I assume an earth.

Am I correct in guessing that the Yellow wire and the Black / Grey wire should go to ground when the Drivers switch is pressed either up or down?
And am I correct in assuming both black wires are earths?

Appreciate any help.

Megane cabriolet '06
I know it's not a Clio, but I'd imagine the wiring and switches are similar. Anyone got some opinion on my guessing the Yellow and black / grey wire should go from 12v to 0v when drivers switch pressed up or down.

Also, how would I bypass the switch at the loom connector to apply voltage directly to the wiring in the connector block, just to test the window works without the switch? Which wires do I bridge?